new ride: 2020 RAM 1500 Limited Black Edition

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
Right before all this corona shenanigans I traded in my 2012 Nissan Frontier for an assRAM Limited. It even has the assRAM Boxes.

Sorry, I can't say RAM without pre-pending ass to it because I'm mentally 12, at best.

I haven't taken decent pictures of the outside yet as it needs to be properly detailed to fix all the porter-induced-fuckups. I did however, take some photos of neat details of the truck. Black package is neat in that all the badging is blacked out, not a piece of chrome on the outside of the truck, just how I like it. Before corona hit I had a meeting at a customer site in Bolingbrook immediately followed by 2.5 hours of conference calls. Back seat in this thing is so spacious I was able to sit back there with my laptop plugged into the built-in outlet and just work comfortably for hours.

Now onto the pics, first things first, the 22" wheels. I do not like these, IMO a truck should not be a 45 profile tire. I'll be looking to resolve this ASAP.

DZGduZF.jpg

Floor mats are pretty neat, convert between all-weather and carpet just by unsnapping the carpet:

RsY0BnS.jpg

1gUskJg.jpg

I actually didn't want the assRAM boxes because I've heard the lids warp with time but the truck I bought had them so I'm learning to like them. Nice to put groceries and whatnot in there. Plus there is a 110v outlet back there.
1cOSEfL.jpg

All the cool stitching:
tYo5hsL.jpg

eis8G2z.jpg

AzZoE2Q.jpg

A4Gx9gb.jpg

Couple of other neat details. Even the door lock thing has a nice machined look and feel to it.
HEXRYFA.jpg

IjtoQrG.jpg

JU7lSzS.jpg

Not pictured: As mentioned before, no exterior shots. Also not pictured is the crazy 12" touch screen.

And, of course, with this being a FCA product it is already broken. Something is up with the sensor modules that are used for proximity detection and self-parking so none of them work. if/when this virus thing is over I'll take it in to get fixed.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
Nice truck, no underhood shot? I agree with the wheel/tire but some trucks never go offroad. Id get the bed, cab corners and undercarriage sprayed

I'll look into some form of undercoating. Since this is American I don't suspect it will resist rust as well as my Nissan did. That truck was 8 years old and not a spot of rust on it. Then again it only had 32k miles...

On the wheel/tire front, i just think there isn't enough sidewall with the crazy 285/45R22 fitment that is on the truck now. I'm not interested in bro-dawging it out but just getting more sidewall height.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
congrats on the truck . love mine. on the sensors, id have to go out to my truck and look, but is it possible they are just turned off in the settings? their are a lot of turn on/off features located in there.

beware, when they do work, occasionally the truck will slam its brakes on in reverse thinking something is behind you. and if you tow, turn the rear ones off

Reactions: bimmer4life

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
congrats on the truck . love mine. on the sensors, id have to go out to my truck and look, but is it possible they are just turned off in the settings? their are a lot of turn on/off features located in there.

beware, when they do work, occasionally the truck will slam its brakes on in reverse thinking something is behind you. and if you tow, turn the rear ones off

funny thing is the sensors acted up on the test drive when the sales guy was trying to demonstrate the self-parking. They reflashed it during the delivery process and then it worked again. After some research of my own this could be as simple as re-calibrating it (which I can do myself in the middle of an empty parking lot, shouldn't be hard to find these days) or the control module will need to be replaced.

Stuff like this is sadly kind of par for the course for things with any kind of complexity. My wife's X3 needed to have the whole NAV/Radio computer replaced when it was about 2 weeks old.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
So, some more pictures since due to 'rona it obviously isn't going to get ceramic coated and properly detailed anytime soon. Ignore a few of the water spots, i have shit hard water which pretty much means i need to hit the car with quick detailer several times after washing it to get it properly clean.

Black Edition Limiteds are the only ones that have the so-called "Sport" hood that is on the Rebel and optional on the Laramie:
f3m1D5r.jpg

Full truck pic at "aero" ride height (it goes one position lower but it doesn't seem to stay there for me to get a pic):
jIDUUYD.jpg

Full truck pic at "Off-Road 2" ride height (aka full lift):
OADXmzm.jpg

Measured height at top of wheelwell for aero mode:
ngTGSyY.jpg

Measured height for Off-Road 2:
MMTYpzz.jpg

And to wrap things up, back 3/4 view:
uay5rkS.jpg

Thread Info