• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New Rear End

Bad Merc

Regular
Mar 22, 2012
So I just went and had 31 spline axles installed, cobra diff and ford cobra diff cover at Deans Performance. I also had him set up a hurst line loc and decided to try it out.

Left a patch about the length of a louisville burnout in Dean's lot and the owner says to me -

"looks like the line loc is working great and I guess you were not to worried about breaking in the new gears"

I totally forgot about having the brand new gears in! I was just so excited to play with my new line loc toy!

I then proceeded to tell him - "Well, if the new gears were going to break I am glad I was here doing it!"

My dad and Hans both broke out laughing as I sat their with the "Doh" look on my face.

Hans then looked at my dad and said how he hopes we have a discount tire supplier as it looks like I will be needing it soon. My dad looks at him and says -" Yep - that's how my son does it"!

Thanks Hans at Dean's Performance - What a great day!

Bad Merc

Regular
Mar 22, 2012
How about some details on the axles? CV? Moser? Yukon?

3:55, 3:73, 4:10, 4:30, 4:56?

Wheres the beef? And oh yeah, pics would be a plus.

Okay -went with your supplier Yukon with the 31 spline axles. Stuck with Ford for the 4:10's (justbob indicated he might due Yukon gears also for his' ride) and added the Cobra diff with the carbon fiber clutches and the cobra rearend cover with the fins for strength and cooling.

Bought a Hurst line loc kit and the accessory package (breaklines and fittings) and Hans wired it up for me. He mounted the hurst on the Master cylinder because of the movement and used the braided lines to the block. I will try to get a pic up this weekend.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Okay -went with your supplier Yukon with the 31 spline axles. Stuck with Ford for the 4:10's (justbob indicated he might due Yukon gears also for his' ride) and added the Cobra diff with the carbon fiber clutches and the cobra rearend cover with the fins for strength and cooling.

Bought a Hurst line loc kit and the accessory package (breaklines and fittings) and Hans wired it up for me. He mounted the hurst on the Master cylinder because of the movement and used the braided lines to the block. I will try to get a pic up this weekend.

The Yukon's have been holding up pretty well on my ride, hopefully they'll do the same for you. I wanted to try the finned GT500 diff cover myself, it's a nice piece.

Thanks for the additional info :jg:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info