New propane grill shopping

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Picked up a Genesis 3 burner in copper yesterday. Ordered the cover last night. Hopefully will have it put together and grilling by tonight! Wife made me take a pic after loading into the van cause she knew I was pretty excited...lol

I’m thinking of moving to a pellet smoker as my next purchase just to make it easier on myself. With the young kids it’s hard to plan a day for me to spend with the Smokey Mountain. Are the Traegers any good?
View attachment 86785

reqteq 590 or 700

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Picked up a Genesis 3 burner in copper yesterday. Ordered the cover last night. Hopefully will have it put together and grilling by tonight! Wife made me take a pic after loading into the van cause she knew I was pretty excited...lol

I’m thinking of moving to a pellet smoker as my next purchase just to make it easier on myself. With the young kids it’s hard to plan a day for me to spend with the Smokey Mountain. Are the Traegers any good?
View attachment 86785

using my charcoal weber summit- i've used it as a smoker 3-4 times, i follow the instructions in the owners manual to a T on where to set the vents, and how much charcoal/wood to use, and it's legit a set it and forget it affair it seems. i fucking love it.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
reqteq 590 or 700
Have definitely looked at the Rec Tecs and people that own all seem to love them. They are quite a bit more than other pellet grills though.
using my charcoal weber summit- i've used it as a smoker 3-4 times, i follow the instructions in the owners manual to a T on where to set the vents, and how much charcoal/wood to use, and it's legit a set it and forget it affair it seems. i fucking love it.
Is this what you have? I'm going to go ahead and say that $1800 is going to be a touch over my budget.

Summit® Kamado S6 Charcoal Grill Center | Summit® Kamado Series | Charcoal Grills | Weber Grills

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

View attachment 86785
Hard parked Pacifica, new weber and talks of traeger?? Get some new balances dad, your back will thank you

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Have definitely looked at the Rec Tecs and people that own all seem to love them. They are quite a bit more than other pellet grills though.

Is this what you have? I'm going to go ahead and say that $1800 is going to be a touch over my budget.

Summit® Kamado S6 Charcoal Grill Center | Summit® Kamado Series | Charcoal Grills | Weber Grills

with the propane starter yes, craigslist find, i post up on here when i see them on c-list. they go fast as fuck though.

but i also was just saying about how easy i find it because i bet the bullet style charcoal webers are just as easy as what ive got if not easier.

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I love my traeger. I'm a fan boy.
Which model do you have? How old and any issues with it?
with the propane starter yes, craigslist find, i post up on here when i see them on c-list. they go fast as fuck though.

but i also was just saying about how easy i find it because i bet the bullet style charcoal webers are just as easy as what ive got if not easier.
Honestly, the Smokey Mountain is somewhat a pain with the three piece design. I imagine what you have is a bit easier and a pellet grill even easier than that? I'm definitely not knocking the Smokey Mountain as far as results go. The food always turns out amazing with great flavor and it is easy to maintain temp once the vents are dialed in. A full fuel load will last about 8 hours too.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Which model do you have? How old and any issues with it?

Honestly, the Smokey Mountain is somewhat a pain with the three piece design. I imagine what you have is a bit easier and a pellet grill even easier than that? I'm definitely not knocking the Smokey Mountain as far as results go. The food always turns out amazing with great flavor and it is easy to maintain temp once the vents are dialed in. A full fuel load will last about 8 hours too.

Yaj Yak Yaj Yak how old is my traeger? And what model is it?

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
i bought it in 2014 as a display model from cabelas in hoffman i think it may be a 2012/2013?

it came with the not digital control originally.

im not sure how it would compare to todays models

It does fine for me

IMG_20210419_160851_985.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info