Crown Custom Coatings Mega Thread

Wheel Guy

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Oct 20, 2015
What's the turn around on 4 rims strip and refinish?

We try our best to keep the turn around time at around 2-3 days. Obviously there will be longer lead times with multicolored, machined, polished, and custom color wheels.

2-3 piece wheels and custom pieces can take a week plus depending on how involved the project is.

Best way to reach out to us is 224.404.4150
or our direct email [email protected]

Thanks!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
At the moment we do not, but I will be offering widening and narrowing services soon.

Curious if you guys have ever killed or machined a hub/back pad on a wheel to allow for more offset? I've read of some people saying it's no problem, and some people saying no way.... I think the wheels I bought for my IRS will work fine, but may want to machine them 5mm to tuck them in more if needed...

Wheel Guy

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Oct 20, 2015
Curious if you guys have ever killed or machined a hub/back pad on a wheel to allow for more offset? I've read of some people saying it's no problem, and some people saying no way.... I think the wheels I bought for my IRS will work fine, but may want to machine them 5mm to tuck them in more if needed...

Unfortunately we have never milled or machined a hub. We should have a small lathe setup by the end of this year, so if you have any donor wheels for us to experiment on let us know!

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hey guys,

I have a classic mini cooper, bought a new subframe for it (rear), but I need to do some reinforcement work and welding on it before I have it powdercoated by you guys. It has a factory applied paint right now, which is fairly thin. I need to get it coated so it won't rust like the last one.

Could I bring it to you to be sandblasted, then take it and do my welding, and then bring back for powdercoat?

Let me know what you think of the idea. The rough dimensions are about 60" long x 36" wide x 8" tall

Classic Mini KHB10024 - Mini Spares Onlne Shop

Thanks,
-Dennis

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Just wanted to share my experience with the guys at Crown.

We looking for a 16" wheels for the mustang and only ones I could find that gave me the offset I was looking for where these 1 pc American racings torq thrusts. Unfortunately I didn't care for the finish on the centers so I took them to get powdercoated. The guys were beyond helpful, and excellent to deal with and turnaround was really fast as well.

I'd highly recommend them for any of your coating needs!

wheelsafter.jpg

wheelsafter1.jpg

Chris

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hey Crown!

I have a set of two 15x3.5" wide Weld Alumastar 2 piece wheels that I need straightened and re-polished. None of the beads are damaged, but I know that one of the hoops or centers has some sort of bend in it that makes it hard for people to balance.

I can post a picture if needed, but I wanted to make sure that this is something you would entertain, as I don't wish to have any coating done on them.

I might also be able to find new hardware to replace the bolts on the centers, unless this is something you already have.

If you prefer I call the shop, just let me know.

Thanks,
-Dennis 630.432.7678

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Are you able to program the GM TPMS sensors? I have a new set of wheels and tires I’d like to come by for mount and balance but the sensors need to be reprogrammed

I also would like a quote on powder coating a set of BMW M-Sport Calipers in blue with the lettering in black

Last Activity: 04-11-2018 02:51 PM

You should probably call or email

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info