đź‘‹ INTRO New person

Oct 2, 2020
Oak Forest
Real Name
Chance
Ok, let me give you some context to this wrap. I got this car in May of 2019, its my second car and I paid 90% of the cost. My dad graciously covered the other little bit of money. This car is a rebuilt title with just 57k miles, it came from Georgia. It's mostly stock but it's got a TTRS front end. I've got some pictures of it when it was wrecked I found on an auction site, and I also have some pictures of when I first saw the car before it was fixed. I can find those if ya'll are interested. In September of 2019, I decided to get some wheels for the car. My dad showed me a picture of a wrapped TT, and I liked it. It's a blue chrome wrap, it reflects light really well and is pretty eye catching. However, I did not feel like fronting the cost. My dad offered to pay half as he desperately wanted to get a car wrapped, he really loved the idea. Again, I did not see a point to get it wrapped. He ended up booking an appointment without telling me as he had a guy who owed him a favor who could can do wraps. At first, I loved the wrap. It was getting me a ton of looks, attention, and it made me feel cool. Then I decided to share it with the internet, and I got tons of haters telling me I'm a fraud and a faker and I felt like shit. I had grown men with wives and children telling me to drive my car off a cliff. My wrap as a "side blade" type deal, and at the time of the wrap I thought it looked cool and I didn't realize so many people would either call me out for driving a "fake R8" or people who don't know much about cars telling me how much they like my R8. At the end of the day, I still like my car however I hate the wrap and I regret ever letting it get done. I just feel like a dumbass driving around it in. I had plans for an intake, downpipe, and a stage 1 tune through APR, nothing crazy as its my daily and the car honestly isn't worth much. The automatic trans has started to occasionally slip and I'm putting my plans on hold until I figure out what the hell is going on with it. My dream car is a SW20 Toyota MR2, and I'm thinking about getting one in the spring if everything goes right. I wish I never did the wrap and I could just keep the TT as a stock daily. With the wrap, I feel the need to mod it in order to keep up the appearance. The wrap is basically a mistake in my mind.
TTimage20.jpg
imTTage10.jpg
iTTmage0.jpg

Oct 2, 2020
Oak Forest
Real Name
Chance
Haha you're not wrong! I also have a 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 I bought myself in March. It's in the shop for an engine rebuilt because it started running weird under warranty and they found lots of metal in the oil filter.... the bike has just 1200 miles on it! Once the engine is rebuilt I'm gonna get rid of it for hopefully an mr2.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
First off, the TTRS front does so much to improve the looks of the car. Dont be ashamed of that. The wrap, maybe without the "sideblades" it wouldn't cause so much of a stir, but everything else looks good to me. But this opinion is also coming from someone whos made a couple of my cars look like something they're technically not :LOL:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Ok, let me give you some context to this wrap. I got this car in May of 2019, its my second car and I paid 90% of the cost. My dad graciously covered the other little bit of money. This car is a rebuilt title with just 57k miles, it came from Georgia. It's mostly stock but it's got a TTRS front end. I've got some pictures of it when it was wrecked I found on an auction site, and I also have some pictures of when I first saw the car before it was fixed. I can find those if ya'll are interested. In September of 2019, I decided to get some wheels for the car. My dad showed me a picture of a wrapped TT, and I liked it. It's a blue chrome wrap, it reflects light really well and is pretty eye catching. However, I did not feel like fronting the cost. My dad offered to pay half as he desperately wanted to get a car wrapped, he really loved the idea. Again, I did not see a point to get it wrapped. He ended up booking an appointment without telling me as he had a guy who owed him a favor who could can do wraps. At first, I loved the wrap. It was getting me a ton of looks, attention, and it made me feel cool. Then I decided to share it with the internet, and I got tons of haters telling me I'm a fraud and a faker and I felt like shit. I had grown men with wives and children telling me to drive my car off a cliff. My wrap as a "side blade" type deal, and at the time of the wrap I thought it looked cool and I didn't realize so many people would either call me out for driving a "fake R8" or people who don't know much about cars telling me how much they like my R8. At the end of the day, I still like my car however I hate the wrap and I regret ever letting it get done. I just feel like a dumbass driving around it in. I had plans for an intake, downpipe, and a stage 1 tune through APR, nothing crazy as its my daily and the car honestly isn't worth much. The automatic trans has started to occasionally slip and I'm putting my plans on hold until I figure out what the hell is going on with it. My dream car is a SW20 Toyota MR2, and I'm thinking about getting one in the spring if everything goes right. I wish I never did the wrap and I could just keep the TT as a stock daily. With the wrap, I feel the need to mod it in order to keep up the appearance. The wrap is basically a mistake in my mind. View attachment 68506View attachment 68507View attachment 68508

I think the wrap looks good, you will find over time what other people think means absolutely nothing, it’s about what you like it’s your stuff not theirs

Reactions: chancethecrapper
Oct 2, 2020
Oak Forest
Real Name
Chance
Thanks to everyone for being so nice! I'm 18 going on 19 in February and some of my only experiences with online car communities has been me being laughed out of an Audi FB group. I'm glad people like my car. I found some of the old pictures, thought I'd give them a share :)
My car on a salvage auction site (forgot which one) :
imTT4age0.jpg

My car the first time I saw it in person:
imTT5age0.jpg

My car the first time I saw it whole:
imTT6age0.jpg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Welcome!

I think the wrap looks good. The chrome blue is a bit flashy in the sun but I think it fits the car well in general. At night it looks really good IMO!

And who gives a shit if people say it looks like an R8.... they are both fucking Audi's :rofl: tell them to go suck a dick.

Thread Info