• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New MM Owner Blown Engine

Oct 2, 2011
Ok. I just purchased an 03 Black MM with 125K. One of my best friends bought the car brand new, and she decided to finally sell it to me. Unfortunately she was told it has a broken timing chain on the driver side, and she didn't have the funds to get it repaired. So It is now sitting in my garage.
smile.gif
I have not started taking the engine out or appart yet, but her mechanic said that he suspects there are some bent valves. Here is my question. What to do? If just the valves are damaged? what to do if the pistons are as well? I have a budget of $5,000 for the rebuild, and want to go as quick as possible. The car has 4.10's, a chip(unknown manufacturer), Cat delete pipes, flowmasters, and a Zex 75hp dry nitrous kit. Otherwise it is all stock. So I would like opinions on what mods and upgrades are out there and what really works coming from the folks who use them not what the company says they do to sell them. Thanks in advance for all of your advice.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Oct 2, 2011
Have you ever got beat up by a little blond lady? coz thats what would happen to me if I sold the car to anybody right now. Bear in mind I'm 6'2" and flirt with 300lbs, and I really dont want to feel her wrath. maybe some of her other parts I wouldnt mind feeling, but her wrath definitely not. lol We have been pals since we were kids pretty much, and she knows exactly how to get to me. Plus I have drooled over this car since the day she drove it home from the dealer lot. Now it's mine, and I think I'll hang on to her for a while. :)

Ya everybody speaks highly of Zack, and I'm sure I'll have a chance to meet some of you fine folks in the future.

I really enjoyed the post Zack made of the improper use of tools. I can relate to those pics being a career wrench myself. This is only my second Mod motor muscle car I have owned, and I think I am going to enjoy this one more than my 97 cobra convertible. I put an ATI Procharger on it, and wasnt verry happy with it. only 377rwhp. Unfortunately I lost that car in a divorce before I built a fuel system for the car which I think would have helped it greatly. It sputtered bad when trying to make more than about 6lbs of boost, and wouldnt carry more than 5000rpms. Stock injectors but fuel pressure increased to close to 100psi as the boost increased. It alsays made me nervous, and I never could get it right. It was a miserable install too. I swore I would never do another one by myself again. lmao.

It would be real nice if all i have to do is take my heads to my machine shop for repairs, and then start building an engine and drop it in later, and just enjoy the car in the mean time.

Am I rambling again? I tend to do that. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info