đź‘‹ INTRO New member from Texas.

SHKENBK

Regular
Aug 26, 2022
Central Texas
Real Name
Rob `
Whats a guy from Texas doing on an Illinois forum? Simple. I am new to the 3800 game and there is no love for 3800's in Texas. At least not much. I have had tons of other race cars and classics, probably 30 other cars at least. Everything from old school 2nd gen Camaros and Firebirds to new Coyote Mustangs. Last car was a gorgeous 77 Z28 I built with a 396 small block that threw down 521hp through the Super T10 4 speed and factory 8.5" 3.73 10 bolt. Long story short, I am a 23 year Mechanic over 40 who has a bad back so I decided to buy something different and more comfortable. Ive always liked the GTP's and I almost bought one I found online with 23k on it. It was black on black but the timing just wasnt right. Fast forward to today, I am building this low mile 2004 Intimidator SS. Its got the same L67 3800 II V6 Supercharged motor with 38,120 miles on it as of this morning. I honestly REALLY like this car which is a nice surprise! I like it so much I have already bought a shit load of parts for it but I figured I would jump on here and talk to guys who actually know these cars to make sure Im not screwing up too bad, instead of asking the dumbass kids on FB groups who dont know much about anything. Especially cars. I really appreciate the add.
EFFDDC5E-0E45-49A6-AF16-89E76438509A.jpeg
IMG_4353.jpeg
IMG_4422.jpeg
D0C1EE93-F63C-449E-A2BB-F2D8EFC67136.jpeg

SHKENBK

Regular
Aug 26, 2022
Central Texas
Real Name
Rob `
Yeah we love our trucks. I have a 22 Z71 4 wheel drive as a daily but as far as race cars go, pretty much everything BUT a FWD W body goes in Texas. The statewide 3800 page has a whopping 50 members and the fastest guy is putting down 341hp with a turbo GTP. Most of the W bodies here are ghetto cruisers with huge 22-24" nasty looking wheels and all sorts of profane neons in the trunk. Its going to be fun surprising a few people when I get this car in the low 12's!

Edit. Hopefully low 12's that is...

SHKENBK

Regular
Aug 26, 2022
Central Texas
Real Name
Rob `
Welcome and tons of 3800 knowledgeable dudes on here. I’m not one of them though. Btw, I have a big ghetto 71 Impala on 26’s ??.
Thank you. Yeah I know there’s some talented guys on here with lots of experience. Hopefully they can keep me from wasting my time and money. (That’s worth a site contribution in my book) so I look forward to it.

No comment on the 26’s. Being from Texas we have something much worse, SWANGERS! Being next to them on the road is like being in Grease racing Danny Zuko! ??

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Thank you. Yeah I know there’s some talented guys on here with lots of experience. Hopefully they can keep me from wasting my time and money. (That’s worth a site contribution in my book) so I look forward to it.

No comment on the 26’s. Being from Texas we have something much worse, SWANGERS! Being next to them on the road is like being in Grease racing Danny Zuko! ??
Bro, I know all about the Swanga culture.
??

Reactions: SHKENBK

Thread Info