New Lincoln Aviator

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Tons of pictures in the link - https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-lincoln-aviator-has-sleek-lines-and-450-hp-1830708063

The Aviator is Lincoln’s newest mid-size, three-row SUV offering that will slot below the Navigator. Power comes from a twin-turbo, 3.0-liter V6 engine. Mated to a 10-speed automatic, it makes 400 HP and 400 lb-ft of torque.

But if you get the Aviator Grand Touring, that 3.0-liter then becomes part of a hybrid powertrain. Lincoln estimates this version will make 450 HP and 600 lb-ft of torque (!) The SUV will come with a host of different drive modes (Normal, Conserve, Excite, Slippery and Deep Conditions) as well as two additional ones for the hybrid version: Pure EV and Preserve EV.

x2vlrkitcrdxoymwj6df.jpg

cewkjgdoxku7chm2s4qd.jpg

swlzowwzjhmxdluy2wxv.jpg

bpif2ejjk4mvrcjcp3mt.jpg

gnadjdzhtxel1govfimk.jpg

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
From Lincoln site - which is now live:

https://www.lincoln.com/luxury-suvs/aviator/2020/

Electric 600 ft pounds of tq? And pretty sweet headlamps, looks a lot like what the new Audi's have
: "ADAPTIVE PIXEL LED HEADLAMPS
Shedding a little light on the situation. The Adaptive Pixel LED Headlamps apply a number of ground-breaking technologies to appropriately place light both on and off the road. At highway speeds, Speed Dependent Lighting is designed to shine light further into the distance and at slower speeds, the light array widens helping drivers to detect pedestrians and potential hazards. Adaptive Dynamic Bending Lighting uses camera technology to read road signs and lane markings to pre-illuminate where the road is heading."

28 SPEAKER REVEL STEREO - WHAT?! My wife has the 2017 Lincoln MKX and the 19 speaker revel ultima stereo is fucking amazing with something like 1,500 watts. Sometimes I just sit in the garage for a couple extra minutes...so I can't imagine this.
REVEL® ULTIMA® 3D AUDIO SYSTEM

Immerse yourself in sound. Lincoln and Revel Audio sound engineers worked together to map the cabin of the Lincoln Aviator and placed 28 speakers throughout the interior so you can enjoy a true 3D audio experience. The end result is an acoustic masterpiece that will have you experiencing sound in a new way.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a28677152/lincoln-aviator-hybrid-specs-hp-info-pictures/

Lincoln recently confirmed finalized outputs for the base and Grand Touring Aviators, and the numbers are seriously impressive. The standard V-6 Aviator makes the same 400 horsepower, but its torque number has been bumped to 415 lb-ft. The hybrid model now makes 494 horsepower—just one horsepower off the new mid-engine Corvette—and a massive 630 lb-ft of torque. That's more than a Ferrari 812 Superfast.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
So we were both kinda right on earlier discussions. Lincoln is still getting an exclusive powerplant (those power stats are impressive btw) while the 3.0tt gets trickled down to the Explorer.

Or not....

This is a no-brainer, but a lot of the information seems to be far fetched. I don't buy the 3.0 rumor as the current gen has the old version of the 3.5L Ecoboost and the new version makes just as much power, but a lot more torque as compared to the 3.0 TT.

It will be the 3.0...

Ford will likely go with the 2.7 lol

The 3.5 is the most logical choice as it's Ford's newest and most powerful EB motor.

I don't believe the RWD packaging either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info