New Kaepernick Nike Ad

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It needs to go away, sick of these stupid memes.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
They were funny at first now everyone is just tossing shit at a wall and posting it.

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing! Just amazing!!

https://tribunist.com/news/sheriffs-department-forcing-inmates-to-wear-nike-shirts-for-their-mugshots-to-mock-colin-kaepernick/

There’s a new chapter in the ongoing debate about Colin Kaepernick’s protest of police brutality. After Kaepernick sold his image to Nike for the endorsement of tennis shoes, many turned their backs on the brand. Not everyone, though. One sheriff is now having all of his department’s mug shots taken with the inmates wearing Nike shirts.

The Union County Sheriff’s Office has been taking these mugshots for a few weeks. The rebuttal to Kaepernick’s protest had been flying under the radar of his supporters until an activist began to notice the pattern.

“Activist and columnist Shaun King posted a photo of 12 inmates wearing Nike shirts to Twitter and Facebook Wednesday,” Daily Mail writes, “sharing in his posts’ that Sheriff Ricky Roberts was ‘putting Nike t-shirts on people they arrest and making them wear them during mugshots. Source says it is to mock Nike and Colin Kaepernick. Disgusting’.”

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Kap pressured Nike to pull their American Flag themed "Betsy Ross" shoes. I guess they didn't believe in it so they didn't sacrifice anything.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I mean it's really par for the course for almost anyone in this country at this point. Talk a big game all day, but when push comes to shove, take the easy way out.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

What a shock. A guy that claimed he loved playing for his childhood team,
jumped ship & bought himself a championship by lying to his fans.
Did it again, made a TON of dough from the fans that forgave him and he stabbed them in the back again!!!

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE, greedy & selfish.

Maybe it's me, but I would have given anything short of my wife & kids to be on the White Sox in last place,
over winning a bunch of WS on the Yankee's or Cubs!!!

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
LeBron has aspirations beyond playing basketball. China is a HUGE market and they love basketball. LeBron made the correct business decision, and I am not the least bit surprised he made it. It was the smart decision. It wasn't the decision that the American public wanted him to make; they wanted him to stand up for what's "right" and condemn China and support Hong Kong. LeBron wants to be a team owner, and team owners don't give two sheep queefs about Hong Kong's struggles, they care about how much money the can suck out of China. If I were him, I would've stayed completely quiet, but maybe there was some outside force, forcing his hand. :dunno:

In the grand scheme, I could care less about how the NBA views this whole thing, but it's been interesting the complete disaster that's come of it :rofl:

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

That makes sense, I've never been that smart about maximizing my earnings & left a lot of money on the table over the years when there was big dollar contracts offered, and I didn't want to put in the work needed to expand :(
I had all the money I ever needed, and I was happy racing and taking care of the wife & kids.

More power to him if he has a goal, and goes out and earns it.
I just had a thing against him since he was caught lying about taking a cut in pay, and he didn't.
He said playing for Cleveland was always his dream, and he lied & jumped ship to buy the trophy.

If he wants to copy Michael, good for him, but remember, Michael did it 1st!!!

Of course my oldest daughters name was Jordan Payton, so I'm a little biased.
For the record, I picked Payton Jordan, but my wife liked Jordan better.

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

That makes sense, I've never been that smart about maximizing my earnings & left a lot of money on the table over the years when there was big dollar contracts offered, and I didn't want to put in the work needed to expand :(
I had all the money I ever needed, and I was happy racing and taking care of the wife & kids.

More power to him if he has a goal, and goes out and earns it.
I just had a thing against him since he was caught lying about taking a cut in pay, and he didn't.
He said playing for Cleveland was always his dream, and he lied & jumped ship to buy the trophy.

If he wants to copy Michael, good for him, but remember, Michael did it 1st!!!

Of course my oldest daughters name was Jordan Payton, so I'm a little biased.
For the record, I picked Payton Jordan, but my wife liked Jordan better.

I actually don't fault Lebron for playing the money game and not dissing China.

What I do fault him for, is criticizing police and politicians in the USA like some social justice warrior...but then when his money is on the line, he is totally cool with a ruthless commie dictatorship. You can't have it both ways. The guy is a total phony and in his heart, doesn't give a shit about any of the social causes he claims to care about!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The professional way to handle touchy business issues is to not take sides. The NBA took sides and it blew up in their faces when their side turned out to be the "wrong" side.

You guys think I talk politics with my customers? I switch conversations away from political discussions they start.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I actually don't fault Lebron for playing the money game and not dissing China.

What I do fault him for, is criticizing police and politicians in the USA like some social justice warrior...but then when his money is on the line, he is totally cool with a ruthless commie dictatorship. You can't have it both ways. The guy is a total phony and in his heart, doesn't give a shit about any of the social causes he claims to care about!
But if you sit back and look, he's playing the money both ways. The SJW's make him the money here, and that's why he says what he says (whether he believes it or not). He's got the safe money locked down here, he won't lose shit from what he said in favor of China in the US, he'll easily weather that storm. But keep China happy, and keep that money flowing is and was always his goal.

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
LeBron has aspirations beyond playing basketball. China is a HUGE market and they love basketball. LeBron made the correct business decision, and I am not the least bit surprised he made it. It was the smart decision. It wasn't the decision that the American public wanted him to make; they wanted him to stand up for what's "right" and condemn China and support Hong Kong. LeBron wants to be a team owner, and team owners don't give two sheep queefs about Hong Kong's struggles, they care about how much money the can suck out of China. If I were him, I would've stayed completely quiet, but maybe there was some outside force, forcing his hand. :dunno:

In the grand scheme, I could care less about how the NBA views this whole thing, but it's been interesting the complete disaster that's come of it :rofl:
Who do you think his backers would be if he went in on a team? Just asking where you think the capital would come from.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Who do you think his backers would be if he went in on a team? Just asking where you think the capital would come from.
Where’d MJ make all his money? Wasn’t just basketball: endorsements, and LeBron has a shit load of them. His deal with Nike is valued at a billion on its own (over the lifetime). 65% of his income is endorsements. He may not have the capital to buy a team outright, but he’ll have enough to be the majority owner in a group, and I’m sure he’ll have no shortage of people willing to go in with him.

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Where’d MJ make all his money? Wasn’t just basketball: endorsements, and LeBron has a shit load of them. His deal with Nike is valued at a billion on its own (over the lifetime). 65% of his income is endorsements. He may not have the capital to buy a team outright, but he’ll have enough to be the majority owner in a group, and I’m sure he’ll have no shortage of people willing to go in with him.
I meant it more like the dude's gonna wind up with a gaggle of Chinese investors helping him buy the team. I'm making that as a punditry style prediction. Amused to see if it goes down that way or not provided it does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom