New Kaepernick Nike Ad

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna spell it out, in the other thread, he posted with zero backup, that most here are not in Nike's target demo.

You just posted a little more factual evidence that 2/3'rds of Nike's sales come from those under 35. If that's the case, aren't a large population of members here in their mid 20's to mid 30's?

It has nothing to do with my specific age or shape. And FWIW, I'm IN shape... Round is a shape!

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
A large population of TCG is mid-20's to mid-30's, but as stated before, it is also a very poor sample of the US as a whole, so the statement that a large majority of Nike's target demo likely gives zero fucks, one way or the other, still stands.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
TCG: Male, young-mid adult, sloths. Yup, right in Nike's wheelhouse :rofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
You're soo right. Last time I checked I wasn't a woman, young, or an avid runner, but I spent my time shadowing my son at cross country meet this past Saturday. I think he ended up running 3 miles. From there it was to my daughters' volleyball tournament where I worked with her between rounds to helping her with drills on the basic.

What "athletic" shit did you do this weekend? Stroking off doesn't count.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Eehh they make those cross country courses so windy, that you only have to walk a 1/4 mile to see a majority of those races (ex track and cross country coach...)

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
This one was in Lombard it was one big circle more or less.

OP
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
You're soo right. Last time I checked I wasn't a woman, young, or an avid runner, but I spent my time shadowing my son at cross country meet this past Saturday. I think he ended up running 3 miles. From there it was to my daughters' volleyball tournament where I worked with her between rounds to helping her with drills on the basic.

What "athletic" shit did you do this weekend? Stroking off doesn't count.

What are you even arguing? That you should be a marketing target for Nike? Go buy some fuckin Nike tight spandex shorts which show if you are circumcised or not and enjoy yourself!

I was with my college athlete at the Nike outlet store in Wiscansin. It was packed! Conservative Republican Wiscansinians buying Nike crap...didn’t look like a boycott to me.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
My guess is you would love to see me in tight spandex shorts...

Yea, the one off 165 (104th St) in Pleasant Prairie where my Sister worked. Where do you think I got all my Nike's? It's the lot full of Illinois plated cars! It's always packed on the weekends.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I hate that store. I stick to the Puma outlet

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
You almost need to get there when the doors open to even have a half a chance at finding any matching sizes in the show you want sometimes. People just pull them all out and then never put them back so boxes upon open boxes of shoes. Especially at the time, those back wall racks.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I also just generally don't like the styles they have in the store. Whether it's because that's what Nike sells or because that's just because it's the shit no one else wants, IDK

I'm not all about the flashy/loud shoes though...something simple with like 2, maybe 3 total colors.

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
Don’t let the numbers take away the satisfaction of boycotting Nike and feel like you’ve made a difference by not giving them your money though:rofl:

OP
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
I also just generally don't like the styles they have in the store. Whether it's because that's what Nike sells or because that's just because it's the shit no one else wants, IDK

I'm not all about the flashy/loud shoes though...something simple with like 2, maybe 3 total colors.

I agree. We have better luck at the Gurnee Nike store.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I stick to ACG's. A lot less "flashy". :D

I actually prefer Nike's over most other's as I have a narrow foot and they just fit better. But with that said, my last pair I bought were a pair of Fila's.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
What are you even arguing? That you should be a marketing target for Nike? Go buy some fuckin Nike tight spandex shorts which show if you are circumcised or not and enjoy yourself!

I was with my college athlete at the Nike outlet store in Wiscansin. It was packed! Conservative Republican Wiscansinians buying Nike crap...didn’t look like a boycott to me.
You are a sales athlete

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of cheapo Pumas for weekend duties, some old Reebok retros for yard work, Sperry’s for casual affairs, and Steve Madden Brown leather chukkas for work, Timbo’s for winter

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
I refuse to buy Nike...because their stuff is garbage. The only difference for me, now, is that their spokesman finally fits the quality of their products.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of cheapo Pumas for weekend duties, some old Reebok retros for yard work, Sperry’s for casual affairs, and Steve Madden Brown leather chukkas for work, Timbo’s for winter
I do well with Puma, Merrell and Rockport.

For running I go with Brooks.

Nike? No thanks

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just because a person isn't an athlete doesn't mean their kids aren't. Kids are a huge demographic especially if you consider how much stuff you end up buying for teams.

Also, just because I'm not a pro athlete of hell for that matter even an amateur athlete doesn't mean I don't buy stuff. For over a significant portion of the year I've done 1.5-2 miles a week swimming laps. Kind of dropped off due to school schedules and the likes, but need to get back on track. I still buy gear, but I would think it's more that I look at things other than brand recognition for buying stuff. Then again that could fit the demographics you're talking about too.

OP
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just because a person isn't an athlete doesn't mean their kids aren't. Kids are a huge demographic especially if you consider how much stuff you end up buying for teams.

Also, just because I'm not a pro athlete of hell for that matter even an amateur athlete doesn't mean I don't buy stuff. For over a significant portion of the year I've done 1.5-2 miles a week swimming laps. Kind of dropped off due to school schedules and the likes, but need to get back on track. I still buy gear, but I would think it's more that I look at things other than brand recognition for buying stuff. Then again that could fit the demographics you're talking about too.

Kids=young athletes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom