New Kaepernick Nike Ad

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Curious about how it lasts. I mean, they've hitched their wagon to him now it's time to see if he can pull the load. I mean, they'll obviously be fine long term but is it enough to really matter? I mean, Republicans buy shoes too as it was once put. That said I'd rather my shoe company stay out of politics and subsequently just focus on making great shoes.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

People in this country are too greedy, too stupid and too lazy!!!!

Monkey see, monkey do. If nike is what the cools kids have, all the want to be's will want nike.
I'm sure when I was a kid it was the same, but I had a POS mother that couldn't afford anything but the cheapest shoes Venture & Turnstyle sold!!!
IIRC my 1st pair of expense shoes were British Knights I bought when I was in the service.

I'm sure many COnservatives will never buy nike again, but as posted, I have no doubt they will be fine.
Liberals are not known to be the smartest group around.
Just look at all the investigations done over the years, they are always much lower IQ than non-liberals!!!!
They tend to forgive & forget when some famous dude rapes, murders, commits multiple crimes.
As long as it's cool, they don't care about character, and being a decent human being :(

How many times has a liberal elected official been to prison for being a crack head, rape, sex with a minor and got re-elected after getting out.
How many were Conservatives!!!

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Is this the first time Nike has chosen an athlete that isn't really any good?
Dunno. Nike is the god of victory though, so I don't know how well a second string QB that hasn't really played in something like 2 years fits with that paradigm.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Curious about how it lasts. I mean, they've hitched their wagon to him now it's time to see if he can pull the load. I mean, they'll obviously be fine long term but is it enough to really matter? I mean, Republicans buy shoes too as it was once put. That said I'd rather my shoe company stay out of politics and subsequently just focus on making great shoes.
...But not even a week later, the stock has rebounded and is now soaring, according to Yahoo Finance and the Street. Twenty-four hours after the Kaepernick announcement, there were 2.7 million social media mentions of Nike, which is a 1,400 percent increase compared to the previous day according to social media analytics company, Talkwalker, who shared their data with The Root.

Fortune and Apex Marketing Group report that the ensuing buzz was worth about $43 million in free advertising....

In the four-day period after the Kaepernick ad debuted, Nike’s online sales grew by 27 percent, according to Edison Trends, a research company which collects the actual receipts from more than 200 online retailers, Bloomberg reports.

Also, companies like Nike don’t calculate profits by the day or month. At the very least, they calculate them by the quarter, but more than likely, it’s the yearly profits that they regard. Even if Nike’s stock, sales and brand identity slipped, the company has so much market share that any slip likely wouldn’t matter. And here’s why:

First of all, two-thirds of Nike’s customers are under 35 years old. And most of those customers, black or white, don’t care whether or not Kaepernick kneels, according to polls
Additionally, Nike is $1.50 from their all time highest stock price, and are up nearly $30/share over the last 52 weeks.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Wait, I thought we were told before by the resident counterpoint genius, that most here aren't in Nike's target demo...

I would wager that a chunk here are in their 20's - 30's and white... Isn't that part of the 2/3rd's mentioned above...

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
TCG is about the worst sample for anything political. And yes, I would say most of Nike's target (that 2/3) gives exactly zero fucks about Colin Kapernick's decision one way or the other. Sales and stock prices reflect that.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
More importantly, I'm off ignore I see.

That would be funny if it were the right brand though. Or did you miss that?

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
More importantly, I'm off ignore I see.

That would be funny if it were the right brand though. Or did you miss that?
I think he's poking fun at your age...

Or maybe your lameness :s00ls:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom