New Kaepernick Nike Ad

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I disagree, the slogan is stupid. I can believe in something but it doesn't mean I did good for the world at large. Hitler and Stalin believed in something. It was horrible. It also does not mean I actually did anything to affect change. Plenty believe in something and do not act on it. Admittedly that is not always bad.

Kapernick was a second rate qb who did not kneel till he got demoted from a starting qb. No one would remember him save his sjw stuff.
With all these meme's, I'm actually shocked a Hitler or Stalin one hasn't been done, putting aside the sensitivities around those subjects.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
With all these meme's, I'm actually shocked a Hitler or Stalin one hasn't been done, putting aside the sensitivities around those subjects.
Uhh, there's a few out there. Check other thread. Among a few other "celebrities" of the wrong sort. Some of which I'm surprised didn't hit the "offensive meme" thread.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Yea, but I was specifically pointing to a lack of a Hitler one mainly. But throw Stalin in there for good measure too,

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
He was adopted according to his wiki
So he is Loki. Got it.

As stated, its not the message. Its your spokesman. You arent going to have fat people as the face of your workout campaign. You wouldnt have Kevin Spacey be the face of ANY campaign. Why would you put a two faced person (see other thread where he called black players the N word #yourwhiteisshowing) as an inspirational person?

As a player, dude is a poor mans RG3. Flash in the pan at best.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me about all this, is why is no one upset that Nike waited til they were 100% sure that the woke movement had their backs before announcing they’ve kept him on the payroll? Why weren’t they more outspoken about this however many years ago that he started his protests?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Kaepernick isn't some ghetto kid who lifted himself out of poverty. He's a spoiled suburban kid.
Though that doesn't really take from the overall cause. He's just raising awareness of other people's plights. But I would agree, I doubt he had to lift himself by his own bootstraps and overcome a lot of injustices.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
There were. But kap is the "biggest" name I guess.

You already know that the NFL is going to drop them back for Reebok once their contract is done.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Though that doesn't really take from the overall cause. He's just raising awareness of other people's plights. But I would agree, I doubt he had to lift himself by his own bootstraps and overcome a lot of injustices.
IMO, it's more about the education advantages he has had. Anyone who isn't a sheep and had a decent education should be able to figure out the real reasons the inner city blacks are kept down. 1. Steady stream of voters. 2. Steady stream of consumers. 3. No power so no threat to the people in charge of America.

If blacks want to protest, join the rest of us and protest against the crooked politicians and the 1%ers. It's the bosses who are the problem, not the guys in blue. If Kaepernick thinks otherwise, he's either an idiot or brainwashed. Either way, he gets no respect from me.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fuck Nike, seriously fit way better. Way more comfortable.
POS Nike were $55
These I found $29
FTW 20180906_173107.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Considering the guy signed a contract extension in 2014 worth a total of $126M with all gaurantees, of which it is estimated that he actually earned around 31% of that, puts his take somewhere in the neighborhood of $39M - $40M from San Fran. Then factor in his endorsements, I'm gonna guess the guy has, say around $50M to throw around. So his generous $1M (which I don't think anyone here is mocking), as a percentage of his income, is pretty much the equivalent of what my Wife and I donated to mission causes and other charities through our church, as a percentage of our income...

You're digging real hard to make us look petty when we're not. And FWIW, most athletes have some form of charity that they donate to, or actively manage with funds sourced from outside parties. No one here is shocked he has something too...

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I wish everyone would just ignore that idiot. He’s an agitator

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Oh no!!! My e-feelings are hurt

Damn snowflake!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom