đź‘‹ INTRO New Here - Looking For Info On A Former ILGCP Car

4CE FED 6

Aug 18, 2020
Joined at the suggestion of a member to ask about a car I just picked up. I'll make a thread in the member rides area once this intro post is out of the way.

The short of it, just picked up this 2000 GTP from IL. Was previously owned by John Ortman, who I am told has passed away. I bought it from the guy that got it from his estate. Wondering if there are any OG ILGCP members on here that might remember the car/what's been done to it, beyond the work that can be seen on the surface.

20200816_113741.jpg

4CE FED 6

Aug 18, 2020
All ILGPC threads should still exist.

Looks like that's him. Had to dig for a while but found a happy birthday thread that mentioned his name. Guess I'll see if I can find a build thread. Thanks for the reply. You found him wicked quick! Didn't even finish my Member Rides post...which I'll edit and post anyway just because there might be some people that want to see the car again :)

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Looks like that's him. Had to dig for a while but found a happy birthday thread that mentioned his name. Guess I'll see if I can find a build thread. Thanks for the reply. You found him wicked quick! Didn't even finish my Member Rides post...which I'll edit and post anyway just because there might be some people that want to see the car again :)
I always want to see GTP build threads.

Good snooping, Bru Bru.

:bigthumb:

4CE FED 6

Aug 18, 2020
I believe it's got one of my ported TB's on it. He might have changed it out for a northstar or LS1 TB. Car was over at my house a few times for work. I don't know of anything other than bolt on's with that car. It's been almost 20 years since I even laid eyes on it.

Has a northstar on it currently with a fat adapter. I remember your TBs from back in the day though.

4CE FED 6

Aug 18, 2020
J/O was not cheap with that car... Always took care of it, if there was a best aftermarket part for it, it was probably installed on that car.

Yeah, it definitely has a lot of top end parts on it. Was what made me pull the trigger on it. I have a few parts I might add that I think he'd approve of, including a set of genuine SLP sway bars and this SLP strut tower brace that is pretty rare. Car might be a little low for the cartuning pan though.

20200818_174900.jpg

20200818_174906.jpg

20200818_190611.jpg

Thread Info