• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New guy bout to buy a cobra (fan question)

MarkyD

Aug 13, 2009
I found a cobra im about to buy and my only question is that when starting it first up sounds great...then after driving it for 25 minutes came back and popped the hood it made a sound and looked as if the fan was in front was shaking a bit and was bumping into one the hoses?? and thats the type of sound it seems like it was making..and if i turn it off and start it the sounds goes away..

Anthing to b worried about or do you just think lose fan that needs to b tightened??

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
Quality driver like yourself huh. Tyler, you are crazy. You have almost killed me twice in your A4 Audi with barely 150 horses and all weel drive. You might need to step down to an old Dodge Omni or something. Do we have to go back and forth again. It is now time to buy. Me and Mark now have our Cobra's. Where is your's? I have one word for you.........

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9HN7AwlX0[/media]

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I found a cobra im about to buy and my only question is that when starting it first up sounds great...then after driving it for 25 minutes came back and popped the hood it made a sound and looked as if the fan was in front was shaking a bit and was bumping into one the hoses?? and thats the type of sound it seems like it was making..and if i turn it off and start it the sounds goes away..

Anthing to b worried about or do you just think lose fan that needs to b tightened??

If you can shake the fan and it don't move, then it might be something else. There is usually a fastener that would hold a couple of hoses down there... does the car have a stock lower or aftermarket? Sounds like they may have forgot to put in the hose holder. If you take a pic of it we might be able to see better. Check the hose for any tears or wear as well.

MarkyD

Aug 13, 2009
If you can shake the fan and it don't move, then it might be something else. There is usually a fastener that would hold a couple of hoses down there... does the car have a stock lower or aftermarket? Sounds like they may have forgot to put in the hose holder. If you take a pic of it we might be able to see better. Check the hose for any tears or wear as well.

i will have to check when i get home and i will see if it moves just from me shaking it but it is the stock blower

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info