[New Forum Feature] Calendar

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Hard to believe a calendar isn't built into Xen, but thats what add-ons are for. TCG now has a fully fleshed out calendar. You can access the calendar from the top menu (or from the hamburger menu on mobile).

ALL members can add to the calendar (as long as they're thread starter). This will allow you guys to add events to the calendar that you think might be of interest to the site. Its very simple to do.

Step 1: Create Thread
Step 2: Click the little 3 button menu at the top right of a thread, and select "calendar menu", as seen below.

1595804072610.png

Step 3: Choose what type of event this is (one-time, repeating, monthly, yearly, etc)

1595804126982.png

Step 4: After you have selected and chosen your date or dates, hit save and thats it! Your calendar item has now been set and will show up on the site calendar AND the upcoming events widget located top right on the home page (the widget shows upcoming events out to 14 days. If there are no events within that range, no widget will be shown).

Enjoy!

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I want this to be encouragement to add regular meets to the calendar, even if they arent TCG. This will help us see whats coming up and what might be worth cruising out to as a group, etc.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
This works quite nice.

Kaeghl

Reaction score
I love the event calendar, I can actually see what is going on instead of having to dig, the at a glance is great.

The Italian

But not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
If all the events get loaded into here, this will be one of the best features of the site. I wish some of the older forums that I was heavy in would have had something like this back in the day.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
If all the events get loaded into here, this will be one of the best features of the site. I wish some of the older forums that I was heavy in would have had something like this back in the day.
Lots of them could, VBulletin had it for ages. But I never saw a forum where they actually USED it. It really is a car forums best friend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom