NEW Ford Explorer ST.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
https://youtu.be/GiHujqY2AZQ

It's not the 400hp or ST model I am excited for it's the AWD mated to a 10 speed that makes me excited!

I know they make AWD 10 speeds in the Expedition, Raptor and Pickups but what makes me instantly go Hmmmmm is how compact is this in the Explorer ST and what chassis does the Explorer use. Figure out where I'm going with this yet?

Well I mean you can buy bolt in AWD kits to convert a Honda Civic soooooo Ummm just saying how long will it take until you can convert a Mustang and better question is it even possible?

I honestly think we are alllllllmost to the end of the road with the HP wars and pretty soon the performance cars are going to have to go to AWD or Hybrid of both or else they are just going to go way of the dinosaur.

Yeah kind of all over the place but you can't tell me some of you wouldn't drive an AWD Mustang. I mean at the end of the day Dodge offers AWD V6 Challengers and they also use to make AWD Hemi Chargers too.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
how compact is this in the Explorer ST and what chassis does the Explorer use. Figure out where I'm going with this yet?

how long will it take until you can convert a Mustang and better question is it even possible?

I believe the Exploder is on the same platform still as the Tortoise, not the Mustang.

Probably never a straight bolt in swap, but that's not true hotrodding anyhow.

A few snips here, a few welds there, and sure - you can get your mods to fit but bet on it that it won't be easy and it won't be mainstream.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I believe the Exploder is on the same platform still as the Tortoise, not the Mustang.

A few snips here, a few welds there, and sure - you can get your mods to fit but bet on it that it won't be easy and it won't be mainstream.

I know. I thought the 7th gen was supposed to share platforms/chassis with the crossovers or SUVs? I dont remember. All Im saying is alot of vehicles are getting to be modular and itll be interesting to see how the 10 speed with AWD holds up.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
Drove some of these turds at a event, they kept comparing the similarities of them to a Raptor, but would then tell you 10 things the Raptor did better. I can’t say I was impressed with the Explorer at all. The twin turbo 3.3 or whatever it was ran good out of the hole, handled ok, but a lot of $$$$$ when you can get better for the same money

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

I know. I thought the 7th gen was supposed to share platforms/chassis with the crossovers or SUVs? I dont remember. All Im saying is alot of vehicles are getting to be modular and itll be interesting to see how the 10 speed with AWD holds up.

New Explorer is on a brand new chassis called CD6 (previous gen was CD4 which was shared by the Toreass). The CD6 is capable of FWD based, RWD based, and obviously AWD. The new Exploder is RWD based and available in AWD.

The Mustang is rumored to join the chassis in a few years, although, I doubt we'll see a AWD Mustang that isn't a hybrid (although I'm doubting any AWD, and really no realistic capability of adapting another chassis-mate to get AWD)

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
dJqL8Vd.jpg

sbIQrOv.jpg

LZjWiPV.jpg

lMg1M5c.jpg

AWD $58.5k

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info