• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New Exhaust

cougar9150

Apr 4, 2011
Got all my goodies in from Mandrel Bending Solutions today. All 2.5" 409 SS pipe, Dynomax VT mufflers, MBS 100 cell cats, and 4" megs tips.

ada851b0-9f93-4da2.jpg

ada851b0-9fa0-c5d8.jpg

ada851b0-9fae-ee18.jpg

ada851b0-9fbd-4105.jpg

ada851b0-9fc9-a547.jpg

Will be installed in the next week or so, can't wait to hear it.

cougar9150

Apr 4, 2011
ada851b0-e9b0-79d7.jpg

ada851b0-e9c8-01ce.jpg

ada851b0-0d58-ccc6.jpg

ada851b0-ea0e-9c3a.jpg

Sounds great, nice rumble at idle and low throttle but will blow small cars off the road when I punch it. No sound clips right now and will be busy all weekend with my open water dives for my certification but will try to post a few next week.

Only thing is it may be to loud at WOT, and I get that old school muscle car crackle when I open it up. Almost sounds like glass packs on a old box Chevy. Going to take a little getting used but I think I like it.

Took 2-3 hours longer than expected as they had to trim some of the pipes to get everything to clear properly as I was paranoid about the airbags. H-pipe welds aren't the prettiest but no leaks, everything else looks great. Love the way the 4" Megs tips fill up the openings in the muffler.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

cougar9150

Apr 4, 2011
Looks like a great product. Love that the tailpipes line up perfect and the pipes look very symmetrical under the car.

Mandrel Bending Solutions in Maryland did all the bends and I had it installed by Mad Hatter Muffler here in Tampa. Pipe bends were all top notch and it only needed minor modding to get it in. The shop way under quoted me on install time but did a great job. Real happy with it just need to get used to the new sound.

cougar9150

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks guys I'm real happy with the way it turned out. Should last a lifetime here in Florida.

Been down this road years ago only I had a 3" exhaust pieced together with individual components and welded. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY..due to it adding zero horsepower at 600rwhp. It looks great though!

Wasn't looking for power and not expecting to make any more either. I just wanted to get rid of the shitty rusted kooks x-pipe setup one of the 2 previous owners had DR install. I also just prefer the h-pipe sound to an x-pipe so I went that route and decided to do the over axles at the same time so I had all clean non-rusted pipes.

Only did it at this time because my cats started to rattle but has been on the to do list for awhile just because the kooks setup DR installed was shit metal, stock cats, was crooked from side to side, and hung lower than it should have.

ada851b0-d426-a988.jpg

ada851b0-d445-3781.jpg

cougar9150

Apr 4, 2011
Looks like a nice installlation job. Is your ride a daily driver ? Any sound clips ?

I split time between the MM and my B4000, just depends on my mood in the morning. I'm picking up a 93 Cougar 5.0 next month so the MM will see alot more garage time and will become my weekend warrior.

No sound clips yet, just can't get a good one on my phone. Hoping to borrow a camcorder this weekend or at least have some one record me from outside the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info