TV New Doctor Who Revealed

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I gotta say I liked the premiere. Sure, the characters are a menagerie of race and sexual orientation but they didn't go over the top with it this episode. They were just characters in the show which is how it should be. I am hopeful they let the characters just be themselves without overtly pushing an agenda.

Huge spoiler:

OMG! It's the Master! He was killed years ago and is now, somehow, back. Doctor Who's greatest adversary.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Sigh. Doctor Who Orphan 55 is the episode that has ruined this series for me.

The plot is ridiculously bad. The acting is terrible. The entire episode makes no sense both technically and socially. In the end, it's discovered
The doctor and crew are on earth ala Planet of the Apes and global warming has turned humans into monsters. Several minute global warming speech follows (stop global warming or turn into a monster).

The entire episode is a thinly veiled global warming commercial aimed at kids.

Doctor Who ratings were beaten by an ice skating show this week in England. I hope the series producers realize their mistake and dump their entire writing team as well as Jodi Whittaker, make the Doctor a man again and fix the story lines before they "get woke/go broke" and this show disappears for another 20 years.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The best episodes, IMO, were the first few years of the new ones. I love the old Doctor Who episodes but they were terrible as far as special effects and some of the actors. You had to use your imagination to fill in the holes.

The brand new episodes are rapidly leaning further and further progressive. First we get a female Doctor. OK, I could deal with that if she was still Doctor Who. But, she isn't. She has moments of Doctorisms then switches to preaching about world issues. WTF? The real Doctor Who would understand that the minor issues with society in the current time period are only a blip in the eternity of times in which the Doctor travels and lives. He certainly wouldn't be launching into a 5 min. speech on global warming turning earth people into literal monsters.

The first years of the new episodes had it all. Decent writing and plots AND some money for good special effects. I fell in love with the show all over again.

This season, I could even live with the preaching if the episodes were good. I thought the premier two parter was OK even with the preaching. This past episode, Orphan 55, however, was awful. It was only a message wrapped in one of the worst Doctor Who plots I have ever seen. Totally unbelievable plot line with terrible writing and acting. The writers and producers should be fired immediately, especially when you look at the quality writers/producers the show used to have. I can now see why most of the old gang left the show prior to the previous couple seasons.

60+ years of a great SciFi show ruined in less than 2 years by people who care about pushing their message more than keeping the show great. Hugely disappointing.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Couldn't really find a better thread to drop this in, and didn't see a need to create a new one...

1633360504093.png

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Pertwee and Baker were the two best Doctors IMO.
I also would watch it on Ch 11 back in the 80's. I was still a little kid back then and loved the show, despite how cheesy it looks today.
I remember the monthly pledge drives they would have, asking for money to keep Dr. Who on the air. It sucked when their contract ran out and they didn't renew it.
It's a shame to see how the current Dr. Who has fallen victim to the SJW agenda.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Such a good season. I have been waiting for the show to get back to great SciFi. What's ahead? A LOT!

Major spoilers if you haven't seen this season yet.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have to admit, I haven't watched for the last few seasons. Think I tapped out around mid-Capaldi. Nothing wrong with the show, just kind of waned on it. I kind of don't like the "three seasons and done" attitude. Yeah, I get it, don't want to get stale, but then everything you want to write for that version feels compressed and rushed.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
This year was completely different than the past few. Very enjoyable. The people who controlled those years are gone or on the way out. Russell T. Davies is going to take over the series again. He's the guy who brought modern Doctor Who back to television. I'm psyched!

Unfortunately, it looks like we will only have a few episodes of Jodie Whittaker next year and that's it for 2022. Full series will begin again sometime around 2023 with a new Doctor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info