🔧 BUILD New DD - Habanero Orange Tiguan in search of more hp via warranty friendly tune

General Information

I normally don't turn over cars like this, but I decided to get out of the Q50 and into something else. I decided that I'd like to get a nice compact SUV as we're expanding our family again, and it'll be easier toting stuff around.

The new ride is a 2019 Habanero Orange Tiguan SEL Premium. I was initially on the fence with the color, but after seeing it on the showroom floor all clean/shiny, I was sold. I'll post pictures directly from my phone, so give me a few minutes. Also, none of the pictures are that great as we're getting pounded on/off with storms.

Here it is!

20190927_193058.jpeg

20190927_214032.jpeg

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
But statistically, what are the odds? I've had the car for four years without incident.

And yes, it still sucks. I don't have rental car insurance because I haven't been involved in a wreck in 20+ years. So now I have to finally go get the Mustang some new tires and DD that to Tampa for as long as the repair takes.

I guess the premium gas I'll blow through is still probably less than a daily rental car for a couple weeks.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
But statistically, what are the odds? I've had the car for four years without incident.

And yes, it still sucks. I don't have rental car insurance because I haven't been involved in a wreck in 20+ years. So now I have to finally go get the Mustang some new tires and DD that to Tampa for as long as the repair takes.

I guess the premium gas I'll blow through is still probably less than a daily rental car for a couple weeks.

always. have. rental.

had a customer at enterprise back in the day, bad storm came through the area.

he was single dude, had three pretty solid rides, didn't carry rental car coverage, cuz, he had three fucking cars, and it was just him.

picked him up to get a rental... one fucking tree. took out all three of his cars.

:fu:

i always have rental coverage now. :rofl:

Reactions: The Beast

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I just spoke to my insurance company and they said that if the guy admits fault and files through his insurance company, they will cover my rental car fee. So I reached out to the guy to ask him to file the claim under his insurance.

He seemed like an alright dude, so hopefully he doesn't dick me around. I really should get a dash cam with these Florida drivers.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I just spoke to my insurance company and they said that if the guy admits fault and files through his insurance company, they will cover my rental car fee. So I reached out to the guy to ask him to file the claim under his insurance.

He seemed like an alright dude, so hopefully he doesn't dick me around. I really should get a dash cam with these Florida drivers.

i was going to comment that prior but i dont know how florida works for this shit.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I guess the guy that hit the Tiguan must have come to some arrangement with State Farm. I just got notification that they refunded my $250 deductible from the accident. I imagine they would only do that if they recovered the money from the other guy.

He never did follow through and his insurance company dropped him.

Thread Info