New Daily

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Last night I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my 2016 Tucson. My brother works for the crooked H corp and I typically get his demo's. The Tucson was a great car minus 1 thing and it was huge, the newly designed DCT, it sucks! After 2 recalls on it and reflashing it, I was not happy. Plus it was a good excuse for me to pick up a more exciting daily driver :) so my wife thinks.

It was hard to give up a new car with a warranty and low miles, for an 8 yr old car with 64k but it can't compare to the smile this F puts on my face! These cars are rock solid and it's had done pretty much any of the serious recalls done. 2 Owner car and it's MINTY.

Only mods I'll do are the Front bushings that cause alignment to go out, drop-in AFE filter and RR racing intake pipe, and tint. Possibly a tune and catback later.

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Thanks Mook.

The sound of this car is excellent, love when the intake opens up!

I forgot there was another owner on here! I'll be sure to pick your brain a bit :) Any thoughts on my choice of mods?

I am also likely going to have to do rear pads/rotors, best place to get?

Chris

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Nice! Congrats!

My Focus also has a DCT and I'm starting to get annoyed with the constant stuttering

Yeah that was one of the other issues, sitting in traffic and letting off the brake with no gas and it would shutter significantly.

The original issues were a "no go" situation where you'd press the gas and it would not move and only rev. That one caused many NTHSA complains until they finally fixed.

What closed the deal was when my wife had to drive the Tucson, she hated the way it drove lol, she was good with the decision as long as no out of pocket :)

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
I currently have FBO(I/H/E) and will be going with RRRacing tune soon but waiting on the trans tune to be perfected. RRRacing is dedicated to the platform. TTFS and orange virus tuning also has been tuning in the us. Here is a list of mods and who makes them:

Headers- Sikky V2 headers(version 2) or PPE they have 2 versions(equal length and unequal)
Exhaust- Borla, PPE & X-Force have valved exhaust, Greddy & Figs engineering for Titanium, you can search as there are many more
Intake-any elbow like Joe-Z or HPS, RRRacing is the best and you have that already
Suspension- RRRacing, Figs Engineering or Sikky
Boost-RRRacing is the only source for proven supercharger application they are also working with Sikky on new Headers for supercharged applications.

CL is the best source for vendor and information hands down. I have project mu NS400 pads with OEM rotors from Amazon. The OEM pads create way too much dust and these are regarded as one of the best replacement pads. Let me know if need any info or have any questions.

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
I currently have FBO(I/H/E) and will be going with RRRacing tune soon but waiting on the trans tune to be perfected. RRRacing is dedicated to the platform. TTFS and orange virus tuning also has been tuning in the us. Here is a list of mods and who makes them:

Headers- Sikky V2 headers(version 2) or PPE they have 2 versions(equal length and unequal)
Exhaust- Borla, PPE & X-Force have valved exhaust, Greddy & Figs engineering for Titanium, you can search as there are many more
Intake-any elbow like Joe-Z or HPS, RRRacing is the best and you have that already
Suspension- RRRacing, Figs Engineering or Sikky
Boost-RRRacing is the only source for proven supercharger application they are also working with Sikky on new Headers for supercharged applications.

CL is the best source for vendor and information hands down. I have project mu NS400 pads with OEM rotors from Amazon. The OEM pads create way too much dust and these are regarded as one of the best replacement pads. Let me know if need any info or have any questions.

I was actually going to ask you about the pads/rotors, thats what I've seen on the project mu pads, way less brake dust, thanks for confirming! I'll be doing those and those brembo's. I just ordered some Iron-x since the previous owner didn't really do a great job of cleaning the wheel and there are some deposits. And you're right, the stock stuck dusts like a mother!

I did the dry AFE filter for now, maybe some swift springs as I've read those seem to help with ride harshness, any thoughts there?

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Iron-x is awesome. Mine is my DD so I'm having the rims powder coated soon as they have curb rash and imperfections. Yeah the MY 2008-2010 have really harsh rides. I tend to like it but most say way too stiff. Swift springs are widely regarded as the best springs for these model years. There are a lot of guys that have adapted newer MY suspension into our years so there is another option. If you are going to be DD I would just but some BC coils with the swift spring upgrade for around a grand and be done with it IMO.

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Update:
Still enjoying this car like crazy! I added a front lip, still need to get it painted, as well as tint. One thing I have noticed is the lack of the LSD on cornering (pre 2010+). It's not critical for me but definitely something I've felt.

The springs will come sooner or later too since the ride is pretty stiff.

Otherwise, very happy with the car.

Thread Info