New daily - VW content 3.0

fastlax16

Regular
May 2, 2016
Um? Unitronic? You saying a similar setup unitronic car made more power?

Oh United Motorsports. I know nothing about them. Based on your experience I'm guessing Komet is not an APR dealer :rofl:

Yup, United Motorsports. Similar mods other than True tune vs the JB1 piggyback. (Revo DP, APR Intake, Unitronic IC for me/Powervalve DP, APR Intake, Wagner IC for him) The gap between the cars was much smaller than I expected it to be.

Komet is not an APR dealer lol.

fastlax16

Regular
May 2, 2016
That unitronic IC looks nice. Modded Euro's or Urotuning has them on sale for $599 right now. Sadly my next mod after the tint and VWR springs will be a stage one flash with the money sitting aside for an RSR or Southbend clutch :rofl:

It's on sale everywhere. I picked it up as soon as the price dropped from DAP.

If you wanna save some money on the clutch kit you could try this out. Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

It's my plan whenever the stock clutch goes, I've apparently exceeded the power everyone says it would go at based on this morning... Definitely saves some money (perhaps enough to swing the intercooler)

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I'm not sure what route I'd go yet. That is quite the savings though as the HS tuning RSR kit is $999 and the Southbend's are $1200 and up. Any idea what torque levels that DIY kit is rated for? I googled TTRS and it looks like it makes 340 ft/lbs

fastlax16

Regular
May 2, 2016
I'm not sure what route I'd go yet. That is quite the savings though as the HS tuning RSR kit is $999 and the Southbend's are $1200 and up. Any idea what torque levels that DIY kit is rated for? I googled TTRS and it looks like it makes 340 ft/lbs

Later in that thread someone says 400+.

Check out post 6 in this thread. It more or less implies its the same clutch used in the rsr kit. VWVortex.com - TT-RS pressure plate with stock DMF and disc?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Did you swap out your shifter bushings?

Not yet. I haven't even installed my short shifter yet. When I put the BFI knob on it sits low enough that the throw already isn't that terrible. Once I put the short shifter on I'll probably raise the knob up some. Haven't noticed a ton of slop in the shifter either. I had 42DD bushings on my MK6 and would probably buy those again.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Went to [MENTION=12542]Chicago Auto Pros[/MENTION] in Glen Ellyn yesterday. Went with the 35% Llumar CTX all the way around. Had a really good experience with Chicago Auto Pro's and would definitely recommend them. The big selling point for me was that they were willing and able to apply tint to these tiny little quarter Windows in the front that a lot of places won't touch.

c8cbcce81ac35d5004a602da22820104.jpg

a52da9ccf4aef7080bef39b2bb3d14a5.jpg

87cf985ed9135d93c16d680dc5fa9262.jpg

57b07a3fd8a47e6a80605dba931f4244.jpg

Next up will be lowering springs in a month or so and then I'll probably leave it alone over the winter.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Ordered lowering springs today. Went with the Volkswagen Racingline sport springs. 1.2" drop front and rear and designed to work well with the factory dampeners. I've been watching install videos and reading forum posts the past few days and have decided to do it myself. People are claiming and hour or so for each side of the front and an hour total for the rears so it shouldn't be too bad now that I've done the research.

Should sit like this. Guy has the same springs, and wheel and tire size/offset are the same.
2eaf56d862b5239da3cbc9fda279d351.jpg

Car is almost the exact same as mine minus the carbon valence, dual/dual exhaust and slightly different wheels. also from Chicago suburbs so I have a doppelgänger running around somewhere.

Thread Info