🔧 BUILD New Daily Driver inbound - 2023 Glacier Blue Metallic Colorado ZR2

General Information

Was time for a new daily......so I opted for the refreshed 2023 Colorado as it checked all the right boxes for me.

The order has been placed with Biggers Chevy in Elgin....the order has not been accepted as of yet by GM due to constraints.

ZR2 in Glacier Blue Metallic.

Immediate plans will be:
1. Tint the front glass
2. Pick out some type of tonneau cover
3. Check into the side assist step aftermarket
4. Install stubby antenna so I can get it in the garage
5. Install fancy exhaust tip

Will update as things move along....this is what I ordered.

.75.png

side.png

rear.png

sider.png

wheel.png

interior.png

2023-chevy-colorado-038.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-045.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-048.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-050.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-049.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-002.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-019.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-020.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-047.jpg

2023-chevy-colorado-053.jpg

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I hope they build it for you soon! I'd hate waiting but from what I've seen you might have to for a while. Ping me if you want to talk suspension options....

Enjoy!
Will do, what I'm after is to replicate the Trail Boss set up on the Z71.

Looks like it's a 2" lift which is pretty basic.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Which kit did you like better?
Eibachs, I also did Camburg upper arms this time though which allows a little more travel. I'd still think the Eibachs ride better though based on my research.

Fox's are likely better off road though and since we only mall crawl in this family it didn't make sense to do that again.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Eibachs, I also did Camburg upper arms this time though which allows a little more travel. I'd still think the Eibachs ride better though based on my research.

Fox's are likely better off road though and since we only mall crawl in this family it didn't make sense to do that again.
Truck will spend the majority of time on the pavement, but I do intend to do some light off road stuff as well.

Thinking the Eibach set up is the way to fly for me as well.

Have to wait and see what's offered when these things are actually out in the wild.

I did opt for the 18" 265/65R18 all-terrain blackwall 32" OD tires...not sure what brand or type it is though.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Truck will spend the majority of time on the pavement, but I do intend to do some light off road stuff as well.

Thinking the Eibach set up is the way to fly for me as well.

Have to wait and see what's offered when these things are actually out in the wild.

I did opt for the 18" 265/65R18 all-terrain blackwall 32" OD tires...not sure what brand or type it is though.
When you get there we can talk some more for sure.

Eibachs seem more controlled but also less harsh if that makes sense? On road. Some people liken it to the similarity of getting a better sway bar without changing your springs.

Stock the truck is absolutely ready for light off road, but a little extra clearance never hurts

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
When you get there we can talk some more for sure.

Eibachs seem more controlled but also less harsh if that makes sense? On road. Some people liken it to the similarity of getting a better sway bar without changing your springs.

Stock the truck is absolutely ready for light off road, but a little extra clearance never hurts
Also going to be curious to see how much wiggle room there is getting it into the garage as well.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
As I configured it, $49,890.
Just curious if you tried building a ZR2 with the options you wanted, and what that came out to. In Glacier Blue, with leather, AC seats, heated steering wheel, Conv Pkg II, sunroof, high output tune, it came out to $51.2k including destination. And already factory lifted with bronze/black wheels.

Thread Info