NEW RIDE New daily driver: 2022 Stinger GT-Line AWD 2.5T

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
19" Konig Ampliforms finally arrived after nearly 2 months. Discount sent the wrong silver lugs and are sending black ones tomorrow. At least they arrived before it snows!

Dropped 5 lbs per corner while upsizing in diameter and width.

20211021_121745.jpg
20211021_202716.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I had to drive from Plainfield, IL up to Milwaukee last month for work and was just able to hit 37.0 mpg on the display for the trip. Had the auto-cruise set most of the way between 72 and 77 mph and driving moderately. The display has been within 1mpg vs hand calculated fuel economy. Most highway trips driving at 85 mph and being somewhat aggressive have been around 31-32 mpg. City or fun driving gets me around 26-27 mpg. Still waiting for the JB4 to be updated with the proper plug in clips for this motor... Also picking up some winter tires for the stock wheels. I've put around 4500 miles on it in the last 2 months, and it's been splendid for all of it so far.
stinger 370 mpg (1).jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Totally missed this thread… Great wheel choice! Look forward to seeing some pics in the daylight.
Thanks! I'll work on some shots showing the wheels in better settings soon. Until now, I liked shots like this that didn't show the factory wheels. :p

FB_IMG_1634913601023.jpg

*Photographer: Justin Schermetzler

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Dan00Hawk Dan00Hawk, you still happy with that hatchback design? Find anything about it you don’t like, or miss from previous vehicles?
So far, I don't have any qualms. Sure the extra power and potential of the 3.3tt would be better for modding, but my 2.5t has been quite capable for fun street duty. And the 3.3 owners are whining about gas prices and fuel economy now that prices are going up, while my 2.5t is quite fuel efficient. Still, I want to add a JB4 sooner rather than later.

I'd like more of a square back, wagon design for more cargo area, but that's about all I'd change. Trailer hitch has been ordered for months but on perpetual backorder it seems. It handles well for a 3700 lb car with little lean, while still having a respectable ride. I'd like to drive the model with adaptive suspension to see if it's really any better.

There is a TSB for the interior door handles that may pull loose for 2022s that includes my build date, but no issues yet. I think the dealer experience at Genesis is far better than most Kia dealers, but I haven't been back since purchasing. The Genesis lineup is worh considering too as an alternate if you want more badge appeal.

I get a few "what is that? It's a Kia?!?" type of public compliments which is entertaining. :)

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Had a short stoplight sprint with a newer Charger R/T this morning (in Northern Mexico, of course) on my way back from picking up my mounted snow tires. So I had 200 extra lbs of ballast in the hatch and didn't use launch control so the wheels didn't slam backwards, and I left off idle. You can see the R/T creep forward on the right side of the screen just prior to the light going green. I put a few carlengths on him through the intersection, and he mostly held his ground there until I backed off. The R/T seemed salty about getting left behind in his merge lane, and so he did a fly-by on my driver's side after getting a nice view of my 4 cylinder's tail lights. :ROFLMAO: Then he also took off into an open lane further up for laughs. But hey, his exhaust sounded better than mine! Probably on his way to the dealer now to order a 392 (which smoked me the last time I ran a Charger at that same light). All in fun though! :)

I need to borrow someone's Dragy so I can see what this thing does in the quarter mile. Who's nearby Plainfield with one?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Had a short stoplight sprint with a newer Charger R/T this morning (in Northern Mexico, of course) on my way back from picking up my mounted snow tires. So I had 200 extra lbs of ballast in the hatch and didn't use launch control so the wheels didn't slam backwards, and I left off idle. You can see the R/T creep forward on the right side of the screen just prior to the light going green. I put a few carlengths on him through the intersection, and he mostly held his ground there until I backed off. The R/T seemed salty about getting left behind in his merge lane, and so he did a fly-by on my driver's side after getting a nice view of my 4 cylinder's tail lights. :ROFLMAO: Then he also took off into an open lane further up for laughs. But hey, his exhaust sounded better than mine! Probably on his way to the dealer now to order a 392 (which smoked me the last time I ran a Charger at that same light). All in fun though! :)

I need to borrow someone's Dragy so I can see what this thing does in the quarter mile. Who's nearby Plainfield with one?

Talk about a bruised ego. You had already backed out of it for a few seconds yet he still felt the need to hammer on it to pass you, on an empty road. Kinda hard to lose a race when you're the only one still racing. Bet they still went and bragged how they beat a Stinger GT. ?

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Wheels look great, nice choice!

I saw one of these on the Elgin Ohare last week, his plates were some shit talking shit about BMW's.
He saw a BMW a few cars a head and hammered down to try and go play with the BMW. That KIA sounded really fucking good, and scooted when he hammered down on it. Had to have an aftermarket exhaust on it.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Talk about a bruised ego. You had already backed out of it for a few seconds yet he still felt the need to hammer on it to pass you, on an empty road. Kinda hard to lose a race when you're the only one still racing. Bet they still went and bragged how they beat a Stinger GT. ?
I was hoping to catch the next light so I could rub it in a bit more by saying, "Wow, your car sounds great for a V6!" and then make sure he knew mine was "just the 4 banger". :ROFLMAO:

Visually, it's really tough to tell the difference in the 2.5t or the 3.3tt Stingers. The twin turbo V6's have big red Brembos and say GT on the back. I took off my rear trim badging so most folks won't know for sure. Anyway, I like to back off before I get more than 20 mph+ just in case a laser or radar starts tracking me at that moment. Whether he thought he lost to the GT V6 or the 4 cylinder, he still lost. :)

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Think of it as you get a free engine at some point with your 10-year warranty. That makes the vehicle an even better deal!

I think they had issues in 2014-17or18 2.0 engine having piston rings that were not heat treated properly. I also think there was another one for rod bearings. When you offer a 10-year warranty, I am sure you end up replacing a few here and there.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Were you driving south on Orchard today around 2 pm near 88? If not, spotted this car’s twin.
I was right there Sat afternoon actually, but not today. I played with a new Sonata N Line with the same 2.5t on 88 and we were evenly matched on some high speed rolls. I thought it might pull away a bit as the Sonata weighs less, only FWD, and the DCT. Stinger is 250 lbs heavier, AWD, and regular automatic. 10 hp advantage and my lighter wheels probably helped a bit perhaps, and who knows if he was running only 87 octane and weighed 400 lbs. ;)

I found a near twin at Costco in Plainfield a couple days ago, though... The rule applies that some cars you rarely see until you own one and then they're f'in everywhere! :LOL:

20211030_142844.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Bru

Thread Info