New Can-Am Maverick X3

Outlaw

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'm really starting to fully direct my swing to BRP lately.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Intrigued. It seems like Polaris has the market on the side by sides. Will this turn the tables?

Outlaw

Reaction score
Ehh, they definitely sell the most but Polaris is by far pretty lackluster in the fit-and-finish department. I'd say in the past few years Can-Am has taken a pretty decent chunk of the market.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
I'm not sold on the look. That first pic looks like a concept. Remember boys, 160HP is at the engine...

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ehh, they definitely sell the most but Polaris is by far pretty lackluster in the fit-and-finish department. I'd say in the past few years Can-Am has taken a pretty decent chunk of the market.
Does can-am have any machines that can sit head to head with a RZR 1000?

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Take whatever Polaris has, and turn it into a V-twin 1000. They basically have equal machines and the same, if not more, customization of machines. I agree with Frank, we were up in Hayward finger fucking some SxS a while back. Can-Am definitely has the fit-and-finish over Polaris BUT Polaris does make some raw machines that get down.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Since I am buying new, I need to really start doing research. For some reason I heard that nothing can beat the RZR.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I'm a Yamaha braap guy at heart, but if that concept is close to what the real production machine will be YUP NEED

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Since I am buying new, I need to really start doing research. For some reason I heard that nothing can beat the RZR.
Well yeah, the nut swingers are going to say "nothing can beat my X". Honestly, you can't go wrong either way. Even the YXZ is bad ass but that's more high speed dune/trail versus back wood trail/mud stuff. All the new machines, ATVs, SxS, snowmobiles, coming out are all bad ass. You won't be disappointed with any manufacturer today.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
That is what I like to hear. I will be using this primarily on rocky surfaces in mountainous areas. This is monsoon season here and it gets really muddy on the trails out here so that is a must as well. I need to start sitting in these things to see which one feels better and just go from there. Good to know there are good options. The can am's seem lighter too. Always a bonus.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Soft credit pulls for everyone

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score

I'm more interested in why they went from their self-proclaimed "superior" 5-link IRS to the trailing arm setup similar to the RZR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom