Nevada first state to license Google's Self Driving car.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Im sure they'll find someway to incorporate this into the next hangover.

OP
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Im sure they'll find someway to incorporate this into the next hangover.
"Dude, Where's my car?" just became real.

So if cars can now drive themselves can't wait for the first car to be hacked so it steals itself. :io:

79vette

Wrenching
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
can you imagine driving your old beater in the next ten years and keep getting stuck behind a self driving car going 5 mph under the posted speed limit. arrrrgggg

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
In4pitmanueveringthegooglecar^^^

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Amazing demonstration.

It will be interesting to see what happens the first time one of the driverless cars is in an accident. The AI may be very good but you can't avoid some accidents. Getting rear ended while behind a car at a stoplight, for instance. Not the AI fault, but...

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
I say this car is fucking stupid.

BUT.

The stupid car may take stupid drivers out from behind the wheel.

I'm torn.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Why is it stupid?
More technology = more complications, hackers, more complex issues to fix and I just plain old don't and will not trust a computer to drive me or drive near me. And complications in collisions. Who's at fault? A computer?

And possibly another way for our wonderful government to watch over you with this computer controlled car.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
More technology = more complications, hackers, more complex issues to fix and I just plain old don't and will not trust a computer to drive me or drive near me. And complications in collisions. Who's at fault? A computer?

And possibly another way for our wonderful government to watch over you with this computer controlled car.
LOL! I don't mean this in a nasty way but 125 years ago, someone just like you was saying "I just plain don't and will not trust those horseless carriages. If there's a collision, who's at fault? The motor? I will keep my horse! He won't run into anybody."

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
well they already watch over us through the phone.

Hackers cant hack something they dont have physical access to or isnt on a network.

Traffic will be a thing of the past if its controlled via a program that can calculate distance, speed, location, etc... and not by inaccurate drivers.

The more cars that get this, the less accidents there will be since they will be able to communicate between each other which can allow faster speeds with less accidents since the cars have sensors to know where EVERYTHING is around it at all times compared to humans who have blind spots and distractions

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
LOL! I don't mean this in a nasty way but 125 years ago, someone just like you was saying "I just plain don't and will not trust those horseless carriages. If there's a collision, who's at fault? The motor? I will keep my horse! He won't run into anybody."
Im just Not really a fan of technologies that start taking human elements out of everyday life. Even if some of those elements are flawed.

Computer controlled car for those that are old, handicap or just physically hate driving. I can see that as a plus.

But the way of the future. I sure hope not.

Personally I love driving and millions of other do too. Leave us alone.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately for those of us who like to drive, a survey of Americans would probably be 70% or more in favor of robot drivers. Going to and from work in a DD, I'd like a robot, too.

Fortunately, the change will take a long time and we can always find 442s hidden inside underground mall walls.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
So how exactly does it work? It a route mapped out that it has to navigate or what?

Personally I dont like it. Seems too easy for someone to take control of. Lots of other things I dont like. I'm all for technology in cars, but I like to be in control of my own car. I have a hard enough time riding as a passenger.

Also, how am I going to program the AI driver so it knows when to spray the car? :s00ls:

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Remember the whole Toyota stuck throttle fiasco not too long ago?
I can only imagine the lawsuits against Google when these things start to crash.

Charlie_Boy7

Bacon FTW
Reaction score
Im just Not really a fan of technologies that start taking human elements out of everyday life. Even if some of those elements are flawed.

Computer controlled car for those that are old, handicap or just physically hate driving. I can see that as a plus.

But the way of the future. I sure hope not.

Personally I love driving and millions of other do too. Leave us alone.
^^This. Seems like a cool idea. Might be nice if the elderly, handicap, and so on could order them if need be. However it's just something about it being mass produced for everyone that really bothers me..

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
So how exactly does it work? It a route mapped out that it has to navigate or what?

Personally I dont like it. Seems too easy for someone to take control of. Lots of other things I dont like. I'm all for technology in cars, but I like to be in control of my own car. I have a hard enough time riding as a passenger.

Also, how am I going to program the AI driver so it knows when to spray the car? :s00ls:
It uses 360' infrared and sonar to detect objects and calculate distance. Plus bigger gps sensors for more accurate pin pointing + google maps most likely for navigation

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
How will it know that it needs snow tires in the winter!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom