Need Your Opinions

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
So I took the KB apart Im doing some powdercoating, and the lower intake was pretty much full of oil. I have a catch can from LFP it works, but it seems not good enough. I have oil in the intercooler fins too. This is and can not be good, especially in detonation cases.

Below are some pics, of the intake, look at all the oil that came from the pcv hose! So I was thinking of just eliminating the hose all together, and putting a breather on the valve cover, and plugging brass fitting on the lower intake.....What do you guys think I should do? The other option is get another catch can but will this be 100% full proof?

Attachments

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
If you leave that hose on, (I would), put a screw type hose clamp on it where it meets the intake.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
Also, I wouldn't trust anything from LFP.

You can find a better setup at Home Depot or somewhere. A filter for an air compressor does the job nicely and costs a lot less, probably under $30 if I remember right.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
FYI I suggested he run 2 breathers for this simple reason:

When the car goes into boost (which is A LOT on a KB Cobra) it will close the EV-111 PCV valve on the passenger side, rendering it useless and will not allow built up pressure to escape the block.

Aside from any environmental concerns, there is no reason to run a PCV system on these cars, especially at 20psi.

He already has a breather on the passenger side, no need for it on the other IMHO.

Please give your thoughts now that you have this opinion to evaluate.

Terminator-Fox

Two Dollars
Reaction score
Is it probably a good idea to run some type of breather system on these cars even if they are mostly stock? I took off my air intake and saw there was some oil in the tube.

Zimmer0924: Where did you mount the breather catch can on your car?

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Reaction score
Mine is mounted right above the driver side fog light, behind the front bumper. Fastened on the back side of the bumper support. I did not have enough room in the engine bay. I guess if I really tried I could mount it some where in the engine bay, but I would be forcing it. It just would not look like it belongs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom