• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need Your Opinions

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
So I took the KB apart Im doing some powdercoating, and the lower intake was pretty much full of oil. I have a catch can from LFP it works, but it seems not good enough. I have oil in the intercooler fins too. This is and can not be good, especially in detonation cases.

Below are some pics, of the intake, look at all the oil that came from the pcv hose! So I was thinking of just eliminating the hose all together, and putting a breather on the valve cover, and plugging brass fitting on the lower intake.....What do you guys think I should do? The other option is get another catch can but will this be 100% full proof?

Attachments

• iphone pics 120.jpg
    iphone pics 120.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 110
  • iphone pics 121.jpg
    iphone pics 121.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 107
  • iphone pics 122.jpg
    iphone pics 122.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 109

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
FYI I suggested he run 2 breathers for this simple reason:

When the car goes into boost (which is A LOT on a KB Cobra) it will close the EV-111 PCV valve on the passenger side, rendering it useless and will not allow built up pressure to escape the block.

Aside from any environmental concerns, there is no reason to run a PCV system on these cars, especially at 20psi.

He already has a breather on the passenger side, no need for it on the other IMHO.

Please give your thoughts now that you have this opinion to evaluate.

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Mine is mounted right above the driver side fog light, behind the front bumper. Fastened on the back side of the bumper support. I did not have enough room in the engine bay. I guess if I really tried I could mount it some where in the engine bay, but I would be forcing it. It just would not look like it belongs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info