• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

need spark plug advise for cat code problem

starrGTP

Reaction score
I just put in an Intense PCM and threw a cat code. Figured it was bound to happen to me. I was going to replace the cat with a high flow and put in a 3" downpipe so I went ahead and had that done already. Now I am going to change the plugs. What plugs should I go with and how can I fix the excess fuel going into the cat? Can this be tuned down or is it something I have to live with because of the PCM upgrade code? Need to get this fixed asap cause I am due for emissions.

Basically what plugs and gapped at what should I get?

F

fastcash

Originally posted by starrGTP@Jan 24 2005, 11:23 AM
I just put in an Intense PCM and threw a cat code.  Figured it was bound to happen to me.  I was going to replace the cat with a high flow and put in a 3" downpipe so I went ahead and had that done already.  Now I am going to change the plugs.  What plugs should I go with and how can I fix the excess fuel going into the cat?  Can this be tuned down or is it something I have to live with because of the PCM upgrade code? Need to get this fixed asap cause I am due for emissions.

Basically what plugs and gapped at what should I get?
[snapback]68710[/snapback]​
what are your mods?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
IIRC, he has a 3.5 pulley, CAI, 180 Thermo, ported front manifold, 3"DP, highflow cat, ubend and res removed.

F

fastcash

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jan 24 2005, 04:53 PM
mini-afc/2.0

104 autolite plugs at .050
[snapback]68751[/snapback]​
:iagree:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Your cat code may just be a bad rear 02 sensor. You may want to replace it, or get an 02 sim.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom