• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need some info on 5.0 engines

Shells_04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Elgin, Il
Well for now I won't be doing anything to the car, if I get it. My wife is 33 weeks pregnant and we don't really wanna spend the money to mod it. Down the road, I'd like to do heads, bolt ons, lower it, struts and shocks, rear end work. Basically have a decent street car. The car has a terrible looking cobra painted on the hood so a new hood would also be in the cards. It's got 24,849 miles only which is a big selling point for me. I don't wanna buy a high mileage car

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
There are good number of reasonably priced H/C/I combos with good exhaust that will put it in the low/mid 300hp area, which can dip into the 12's with a good suspension setup and tire.

And 450 is REALLY as far as you want to go on a stock bottom end 5.0 from the 90's.

There was a brief window of Foxes that had stronger rods, but that was Pre 90 i know for a fact.

Shells_04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Elgin, Il
There are good number of reasonably priced H/C/I combos with good exhaust that will put it in the low/mid 300hp area, which can dip into the 12's with a good suspension setup and tire.

And 450 is REALLY as far as you want to go on a stock bottom end 5.0 from the 90's.

There was a brief window of Foxes that had stronger rods, but that was Pre 90 i know for a fact.

Thanks for the info. Im not looking to have the fastest car here. Just something to mess with a little

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

87-92 were the good ones. The stock internals will outlast the blocks in those years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info