Need some info on 5.0 engines

Shells_04

ICE ICE BABY!
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking of buying a 1994 cobra. I found one online at a dealer and will be calling tomorrow morning to find out if they have it still. If so I'll prolly be getting it. I'm curious as to what the stock bottom end can handle for rwhp and any dos or donts as far as mods go. Any other thoughts are welcome too! Thanks

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Reaction score
Blocks get sketchy at anything over like 550hp, no matter what type of rods/pistons are in it. What are your plans?

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
do - offroad H and 40 series flowmaster mufflers. best sounding exhaust for the 94 cobra ever. my friend has an indy pacecar 94 cobra. just tits sounding exhaust.

Shells_04

ICE ICE BABY!
Reaction score
Well for now I won't be doing anything to the car, if I get it. My wife is 33 weeks pregnant and we don't really wanna spend the money to mod it. Down the road, I'd like to do heads, bolt ons, lower it, struts and shocks, rear end work. Basically have a decent street car. The car has a terrible looking cobra painted on the hood so a new hood would also be in the cards. It's got 24,849 miles only which is a big selling point for me. I don't wanna buy a high mileage car

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Reaction score
All that stuff would be fine for a nice car. Nice set of heads with a good cam and a gear in the rear with a full exhaust would be a nice car.

Shells_04

ICE ICE BABY!
Reaction score
All that stuff would be fine for a nice car. Nice set of heads with a good cam and a gear in the rear with a full exhaust would be a nice car.
Awesome, thanks. Now I just gotta pray the dealer has it still

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
There are good number of reasonably priced H/C/I combos with good exhaust that will put it in the low/mid 300hp area, which can dip into the 12's with a good suspension setup and tire.

And 450 is REALLY as far as you want to go on a stock bottom end 5.0 from the 90's.

There was a brief window of Foxes that had stronger rods, but that was Pre 90 i know for a fact.

Shells_04

ICE ICE BABY!
Reaction score
There are good number of reasonably priced H/C/I combos with good exhaust that will put it in the low/mid 300hp area, which can dip into the 12's with a good suspension setup and tire.

And 450 is REALLY as far as you want to go on a stock bottom end 5.0 from the 90's.

There was a brief window of Foxes that had stronger rods, but that was Pre 90 i know for a fact.
Thanks for the info. Im not looking to have the fastest car here. Just something to mess with a little

Shells_04

ICE ICE BABY!
Reaction score
Just called the dealer and they said the car was sold. It really pisses me off that can't update their online inventory better

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score

87-92 were the good ones. The stock internals will outlast the blocks in those years.

Shells_04

ICE ICE BABY!
Reaction score
I'm planning to have a new mustang for summer so I'll definitely be looking more

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom