Help Wanted Need some industrial techs

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Well, here I am again looking for techs!

We had 2 guys leave on 2nd shift, and we have a lead tech retiring at the end of the year.

Details:
Looking for both an apprentice or experienced techs. Starting pay $28-33 hour depending on experience.

8 hour days M-F, we generally also work Saturday, but rarely Sunday.

NEVER a cut down on OT. If you want to work the hours it’s never frowned upon. Our top techs are making $120-140k a year if they put in the hours.

We have a pretty straightforward training/advancement program. Mostly online training. We also have over 900 plants across the US. Makes it pretty easy to move around if you need a change of scenery.

Our annual sales are $22B a year, so pretty stable company with decent benefits.

About the job:
It’s pretty unstructured, company has a CMS system, but not well utilized. More reactive type work. This is a box plant. We have a corrugator (makes cardboard), and several converting machines. Most of the equipment is big and heavy, so we have to use some rigging replacing rollers and such. Not much building/grinds maintenance other than the boiler system. PLC experience would be nice, but not needed.

our shop has a lathe, vertical mill, and welding area. So we have fabricating opportunities, but only one guy now I trust to do it. Fabrication experience would be a huge plus. Plant is behind on updating safety guarding. We have been relying heavily on outside service for this.

many other questions let me know

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Location?

Can you name drop the company? Curious who they are and see their locations.

You left the Amazon place right?

Yes, I got a better deal here. This place needs organized, Amazon was already over organized. Both the maintenance manager and I just started. So we are able to set it up how we see fit. Production was running maintenance for months and cut some corners. We have a healthy budget, so we are getting everything fixed right going forward

company is Westrock
Location is Aurora, we are about a block off I88, on Eola road

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Multiple Chicagoland locations?
Yes, but I need people out in Aurora. BTW, lots of car guys here. There’s maybe only a handful of shitty cars in the lot. Our 3rd shift guys all ride their Harleys to work every day in the summer. There are actually 2 locations in Aurora, the other one is the mill closer to downtown.

Reactions: FESTER665

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I live 10 mins away by copley. I have to ask because I’m interested, but it seems like you’re looking for people often. Is there a high turnover rate? I’m ready to change career directions and this pay isn’t bad.
Usually you’ll see most techs will stick around for 3-5 years. They get the experience and move on to higher paying jobs after they get training. The industry as a whole has an aging workforce too. We are losing one our techs to retirement at the end of the year. At this company anyway, we have a core crew that’s pretty solid. Most of the guys are 6+ years in

I probably see you all the time, I live off Ogden across from the high school. Probably have seen my green wagon

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
We just got our revised rates. The level you are at is based of experience and testing

4F5B17DC-FB50-460D-B7B7-91E7D3EDA067.jpeg

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Is their an age for apprentice? I am thinking about career change and would love a job that is do my 8 with some overtime while not really losing any money.
Not really. The maximum coming in at an apprentice is $27 and some change

now, here’s the rundown. Program is 4160hrs or 2 years; whatever comes first.
You’re given 2 levels of online training that you can do at work. After the first level is completed you go to apprentice level 2, and pay jumps to $31 and some change. It’s best if you can prove aptitude by previous employment and we will also have a Ramsay test. If you’re already a tech in the industry and test for it, our tech pay on the first level is $34

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info