Need some help..

TraptPatriot

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Hammond
So here's the story - I really like cars, and I enjoy working on them, but I have little to no experience or the tools to even attempt anything more than hand tools can do. But I still try to do what I can, and help out and learn whatever I can..

Anyway, my "buddy" Phil has been a friend of mine for a couple years now. He is one of the only Regal owners close-by that I know of, and he has always helped me out with parts and doing work on my Regal.

Fast forward to now, and I feel like I am being screwed over. This "friend" of mine is trying to charge me at least $1000 for removing/putting in a trans, removing/putting on new exhaust, and putting in my cam/roller rockers. Now I can totally understand him wanting to get paid, because this is a lot of work, but seriously? That is so disheartening, with the prices he is trying to charge me I don't even have enough to get my car fixed (trans is busted).

Basically, I was just wondering if anyone in the area would be nice enough to help. The main thing I would need help with would be the cam/roller rockers (and the supporting parts), but possibly even the trans removal/put in. I have a garage, but no power tools or air tools.

I can pay whoever offers to help, and I never forget a debt... I mean shoot, I have enough pride that I feel awkward even asking for help. But it is what it is.

And if you guys are curious about who I am, yes I am fairly new on here, but Kevin (HEAVYKEVY) knows me from multiple other forums we frequent, and I am sure he can vouch that I am a nice guy...

TraptPatriot

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Hammond
He used to be, and only part time. systmbldr21.

Like I said, I know this is a lot of work, but we are supposed to be good friends and all... Heck, if the situations were reversed, I would say just buy the parts and cover me some food/beer and all is good.. But still, I totally understand wanting to be paid, and I can pay, but his prices are going to leave me with no car for even longer. And he wants the cash upfront. =(

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
He used to be, and only part time. systmbldr21.

Like I said, I know this is a lot of work, but we are supposed to be good friends and all... Heck, if the situations were reversed, I would say just buy the parts and cover me some food/beer and all is good.. But still, I totally understand wanting to be paid, and I can pay, but his prices are going to leave me with no car for even longer. And he wants the cash upfront. =(

i remember him, he had a bunch of mods and custom stuff?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
That's because i'm going to run 11's with no i/c or turbo :smile:

I know someone that can help you, but that's a lot of work IMO. James (turbosbctacoeater :mamoru:) or Double d would probably tackle this as well but they have quite a bit on their plate as it stands, however they have accomplished more :rofl: I'll find out how much the guy i know wants and let you know via pm.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
James you are the best. 1000 for everything isn't bad really... as much as that is hard to swallow.

I know I don't have the facilities and my free time is limited with the other projects going on. The install is one thing, but getting it running right and tuning and all that is another... if that's included to some degree even the 1000 is worth it

maybe he's hard up for cash

or really not your friend

Yea, he works an awesome job, and still lives at home, so I know he isn't pressed for cash...

This whole "friend" thing has got me wondering. Oh well, I already have another guy that is going to take apart the engine for free, but I am still throwing some bucks his way.

It's good to ask around I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info