Need Some Electronic Help

1997SVTcobra

GET BORED
Jul 28, 2006
so im looking at getting a '93 Lumina Z34 well the tail lights just stopped working one day (i know this because its my room mates car)
ive been trying to find some stuff on the net, found something about a Tail Light Outage fuse...then ive also heard there was like a switch actually in the dash??

just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this??

*PLEASE MOVE, PUT THIS ONE IN THE WRONG SECTION!

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
so im looking at getting a '93 Lumina Z34 well the tail lights just stopped working one day (i know this because its my room mates car)
ive been trying to find some stuff on the net, found something about a Tail Light Outage fuse...then ive also heard there was like a switch actually in the dash??

just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this??

*PLEASE MOVE, PUT THIS ONE IN THE WRONG SECTION!

There is a switch on your brake pedal that detects when the brakes have been applied to set off the brake lights, a 91 lumina our family owned had the same issue years ago.

1997SVTcobra

GET BORED
Jul 28, 2006
There is a switch on your brake pedal that detects when the brakes have been applied to set off the brake lights, a 91 lumina our family owned had the same issue years ago.

you know where abouts on the brake peddal by chance??

and i should prolly clear this up, its not when you push the brake in, its while the headlights are on...the dimed tail lights dont kick on

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
you know where abouts on the brake peddal by chance??

and i should prolly clear this up, its not when you push the brake in, its while the headlights are on...the dimed tail lights dont kick on

So the parking lights aren't lighting up, ignore the switch I'm speaking off then, that is only for brake lights, your looking for the normal fuse panel, if I remember right the fuse panel is on the drivers side left hand side of the steering column right above where the kickpanel would be.

If I am wrong then it's on the passenger side under the glove box.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 1997SVTcobra
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list