🚘 Automotive Cordless Tool Thread

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Is it the stuff that you can puncture and it wont explode or something? I thought I saw a video about it.

It is our Powerstack battery, utilizes flat cells stacked on top of each other versus traditional cylindrical cells. Benefits of this cell design is 50% more battery power, a much longer battery life, smaller battery footprint, and a much reduced weight.

A1A3EFBB-9267-4F3B-927A-11A19BFC60E9.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I'm interested to see where this battery tech goes. Smaller batteries with more power is good news.

I wonder what Milwaukee is working on.... it's been like 3 years since they came out with new battery tech.
For the most part, you're right. But the big tools are underpowered even on the 12.0. (chainsaw, concrete saw, rotary hammer, etc)

You are correct, this type of tech is very important because the need to run larger or more demanding equipment effectively in a cordless application requires a battery capable enough to support it. Something overly large in size and heavy in weight is not ideal.

Reactions: GTPpower

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ill give you all my Ryobi stuff if you give me some new DeWalt stuff. :rofl:

I will say compact tools and batteries do make a huge difference. I was putting the closets together in my daughters rooms and swapping their doors. Using my brushless Ryobi impact driver with a 4aH over my head was tiring after awhile. Ended up using my compact drill with the 2aH to make pilot holes just to save my arm strength then using the impact driver to bring it home.

Probably could have just used the 2aH for the impact driver, but its not the compact version, so it is still a little heavy after awhile.

She will enjoy it now though. No need for dressers and has mirror doors now.

F32E724D-64CD-4459-9D91-7B9182A27BB7.jpeg

75F21C6E-DB4C-4CDA-9D99-B19C72276B50.jpeg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I'm a boomer who couldn't figure out what to do with the QR code.

giphy.gif

Looks like a great step forward in battery technology.

Don't feel bad, I was looking for the RPO codes on my truck and had to google search to find out there is a QR code and all the RPO codes are hidden within it
giphy.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It is our Powerstack battery, utilizes flat cells stacked on top of each other versus traditional cylindrical cells. Benefits of this cell design is 50% more battery power, a much longer battery life, smaller battery footprint, and a much reduced weight.

View attachment 104411
I like!

Reactions: greasy

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
The engines I work on mostly require smaller tooling. The ability to sneak a ratcheting tool behind a turbo and knock some shit out is gold. Entire goal of mine is least invasive as possible. Take as little apart as possible.

I break aton of stuff loose with these. More fasteners than you think. But there ones I'll toss a 3/8s ratchet on just to break it free first. Mostly on bolts that are 3 inches or longer.

Thread Info