🚘 Automotive Cordless Tool Thread

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
What are they redesigning?

They are moving to different cells that allow them to change the footprint of the battery and improve performance. We did it with our 3.0 AH last year. It will go from being a taller narrow battery to a thinner wider battery like this.

dewalt-3.0-ah-compact-battery-dcb230.jpg

Reactions: GTPpower

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
287B33F0-CC9D-4FDE-9FD6-CDADFE856854.jpeg

Bucket full of trash if Milwaukee cant or doesn’t sell replacement switches for these drivers.

We usually get a year out of them or so give or take.

We used to use the 7.2 Dewalt screwdrivers but they were heavy and discontinued. These work great for about a year but then wear out.

Wish another brand made a small electric screwdriver like this with clutch settings and replaceable parts so I could rebuild them.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
View attachment 62218

Bucket full of trash if Milwaukee cant or doesn’t sell replacement switches for these drivers.

We used to use the 7.2 Dewalt screwdrivers but they were heavy and discontinued. These work great for about a year but then wear out.

Wish another brand made a small electric screwdriver like this with clutch settings and replaceable parts so I could rebuild them.

Does it need to be inline?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Does it need to be inline?

Inline is preferred, but we are experimenting with the gun looking drivers to see if the girls like them.

These things are being used all day so we cant have them be too heavy, but need clutch settings because we need them to drive to torque specs that are fairly close to requirements and not just blow through the threaded areas of the parts being assembled.

Toyed around with the idea of the electric ones hanging on tool tenders, but the girls prefer them to be more portable, and doing the electric drivers at all the workbenches would be expensive as fuck too.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Any new FlexVolt shit I need to be on the lookout for greasy greasy ??? :rofl:

We redid the FV grinder/recip/circ saws. They all have bigger motors and come with 9.0 Ah batteries in the kits, but I think I may have mentioned that. Outside of that late last year we launched some bad ass tools like a pipe threader and 2" SDS Max Combi Hammer, but that is for construction. Outside of that no, COVID kind of screwed up a lot of things for this year. I am sure 2021 will have some awesome launches, but I haven't seen the product road map come out yet.

Reactions: FESTER665

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton

no parts available for them? even grabbing the PN off the switch itself?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
no parts available for them? even grabbing the PN off the switch itself?

Nothing that I can find. In the past I was usually able to find replacement parts for the DeWalt parts, but these I cant find a parts list at all.

Milwaukee Driver 2101-20

Switch is a Defond BGF-06R 1610B

The problem is the switch is soldered to the battery pack, then glued/epoxy over that. I ripped one of them apart to see how easy it would be to replace the switch, and if I have to desolder and resolder then it might end up being cost prohibitive to replace the part.

Hey greasy greasy can you give me any input on this gyroscopic one? I assume theres not a switch to use the screwdriver and it turns based on twisting of the hand or something crazy?
1594321477781.png

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Nothing that I can find. In the past I was usually able to find replacement parts for the DeWalt parts, but these I cant find a parts list at all.

Milwaukee Driver 2101-20

Switch is a Defond BGF-06R 1610B

The problem is the switch is soldered to the battery pack, then glued/epoxy over that. I ripped one of them apart to see how easy it would be to replace the switch, and if I have to desolder and resolder then it might end up being cost prohibitive to replace the part.

Hey greasy greasy can you give me any input on this gyroscopic one? I assume theres not a switch to use the screwdriver and it turns based on twisting of the hand or something crazy?
View attachment 62220

Exactly, the unit takes some getting used to

Thread Info