Need Side Mechanic

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I need a water pump, coolant flush and thermostat on my 09 G8 GT stock. I'll supply the parts. Please be reasonable on labor cost. Let me know, thanks.

didnt you say in the chat box yesterday that the dealer was only going to charge like $200 or so for all that work?

for someone to do this as a side job, your not going to find much lower than that.

my estimater came out to jjust a hair under 3 hours total. so i quoted so. she responded back telling me i was higher than the dealer that came in at 184.

It is high. Not my fault 3 different shops quoted me $180, $184.50, and $195 at hour and a half labor and they are aware it's a 6.0 not a V6.

I'm not made of money, so obviously I'm going to go to someone trying to help me out because I'm in a jam, not make profit off me. Shop prices overcharge to pay there employees, electricity, shop supplies, parts, markup, etc.

That's the point of asking someone to do the job separate from a shop, cuz they don't charge shop prices. And for the record this is not the first time you quoted me higher than most.

Water pump calls for 1.8 and thermostat calls for .8. If the dealer quoted you $185 bucks, they fucked up big time. Get it done and sign and pay the bill before they get started.

2.6 hours and a coolant service at my shop is $277.35 and my labor is $99 an hour, dealer is usually $120+/hr

EDIT!!! Going thru the procedure on mitchell you could technically say thermostat is overlap since its part of the water pump. so Id be at 1.8 hours total and some coolant. = $199

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
although i understand where youre coming from, i would not drive to my shop, rack your car, do whatever needs to be done(2 hours atleast) for any less than what i quoted. yeah i got expenses and such, but ive been MORE THAN FAIR with pricing on jobs for the past 5 and half years ive been doing this full time, and many here can attest to that.

go get the job done for 184, and dont look back, thats a great price, i would not do it for that amount especially when using customer supplied parts. because believe it or not, there is a good chunk that i loose out on when doing stuff like that. im not saying all the time, but now, most of the time i wont use customer supplied parts due to fitment issues, crappy Chinese bullshit, and failures.

my parts + my labor, if you have a problem, bring it back, no problem.
your parts + my labor, see ya later, problem is on you.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
although i understand where youre coming from, i would not drive to my shop, rack your car, do whatever needs to be done(2 hours atleast) for any less than what i quoted. yeah i got expenses and such, but ive been MORE THAN FAIR with pricing on jobs for the past 5 and half years ive been doing this full time, and many here can attest to that.

go get the job done for 184, and dont look back, thats a great price, i would not do it for that amount especially when using customer supplied parts. because believe it or not, there is a good chunk that i loose out on when doing stuff like that. im not saying all the time, but now, most of the time i wont use customer supplied parts due to fitment issues, crappy Chinese bullshit, and failures.

QFT

Touche' then why post in my thread. I asked for help outside of a business or shop like the title says jerk.

Mook, please clean this crap up off my thread. Thanks in advance!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info