• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

    IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Need SC snout rebuilt

  • Thread starter imported_PaceCarBoozer
  • Start date
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Guest
I want to get this done, but dont have the knowledge or tools to do it, nor do I know exactly what parts are needed, so if someone could help me out (for a price), it would be greatly appreciated. TIA
CJ
 
I

imported_Ron Vogel

Guest
I got your PM's, but I need to revist the PN's and stuff still. I'll know by Monday for sure. I'm a little busy trying to get together what I need to get done for late-night racing tommorrow.

BTW: I run Mobil 1 in my snout, not too big a deal..just have to change it more.
 
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Guest
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Sep 1 2005, 04:17 PM
I got your PM's, but I need to revist the PN's and stuff still. I'll know by Monday for sure. I'm a little busy trying to get together what I need to get done for late-night racing tommorrow.

BTW: I run Mobil 1 in my snout, not too big a deal..just have to change it more.
[snapback]96702[/snapback]​
Ok, cool, I didn't know if you were getting them, so thats why I tried on here. If you can let me know what you need to do it and where I can get it, I'll run for the parts this weekend, and then you can let me know when is a good time for you. Also, how long does the process take. I work nights so my days are completely open. Thanks
CJ
 
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Guest
Ron, would you still be able to do this? I tried sending an email cause I know you were having issues with your PM's, lemme know.
CJ
 

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
3,241
Reaction score
0
Location
Hotel 4 Dogs
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Sep 1 2005, 04:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Sep 1 2005, 04:17 PM
I got your PM's, but I need to revist the PN's and stuff still. I'll know by Monday for sure. I'm a little busy trying to get together what I need to get done for late-night racing tommorrow.

BTW: I run Mobil 1 in my snout, not too big a deal..just have to change it more.
[snapback]96702[/snapback]​
Ok, cool, I didn't know if you were getting them, so thats why I tried on here. If you can let me know what you need to do it and where I can get it, I'll run for the parts this weekend, and then you can let me know when is a good time for you. Also, how long does the process take. I work nights so my days are completely open. Thanks
CJ
[snapback]96705[/snapback]​
[/b]
zzp sells the snout rebuild kit, at least they used to..HThs
 
I

imported_Ron Vogel

Guest
They do still sell it. It's actually pretty easy to do once you figure it out, with the exception of the rear shaft bearing. You can save a few bucks by buying the parts direct, but not too much.
 
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Guest
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Sep 12 2005, 04:47 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2005, 04:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Sep 1 2005, 04:17 PM
I got your PM's, but I need to revist the PN's and stuff still. I'll know by Monday for sure. I'm a little busy trying to get together what I need to get done for late-night racing tommorrow.

BTW: I run Mobil 1 in my snout, not too big a deal..just have to change it more.
[snapback]96702[/snapback]​


Ok, cool, I didn't know if you were getting them, so thats why I tried on here. If you can let me know what you need to do it and where I can get it, I'll run for the parts this weekend, and then you can let me know when is a good time for you. Also, how long does the process take. I work nights so my days are completely open. Thanks
CJ
[snapback]96705[/snapback]​
zzp sells the snout rebuild kit, at least they used to..HThs
[snapback]97594[/snapback]​
[/b]
Yea, I know, but I don't have the tools or the knowledge to do it. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but when I do something for the first time, I like to have someone at least there to look over my shoulder to kinda walk me through it, and tell me if I'm f#cking something up. Also, I don't have a credit/debit card, so I can't order anything online. Thanks for the heads up though
CJ
 

Royalgtp

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
3,700
Reaction score
0
I think the end of my SC snout has been leaking lately.......thats the seals wearing correct?

Snout rebuild for me too? :ph34r:
 
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Guest
so what do ya say Ron? Do you think you will have time before race day?
 

DaytonaPrixMI

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
363
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Sep 13 2005, 08:39 AM
so what do ya say Ron? Do you think you will have time before race day?
[snapback]97664[/snapback]​
Do a search on clubgp, there is a write up on this that is very detailed. If I remember when I get home I can post it up here for you, I have it bookmarked. I believe you do need to have a pulley puller, so if you don't have that then you need someone to help ya out.
 
I

imported_Ron Vogel

Guest
I'll have time, I'm trying to coordinate with Leo on swapping the rotors. Then I need to borrow a puller.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom