• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need power adder before next half mile. Which?

Which power adder?

• NOS!!!!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Centri blower

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • TVS blower

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Twins - very expensive

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
BMR actually has Poly arms as well, not just rod end units. I run a poly/rod end combo on my car. All the body points are poly, and all the axle points are rod ends. The car is actually retarded quiet for the suspension it has, and rides very nice as well. My springs are the only things getting changed out as they are Steeda "Boss" springs which are fairly firm, although car handles great without a front sway bar. Also note all the BMR poly's have grease fittings to keep any noise in check.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I can't recall ever hearing that name before. With how i use my car, and the speeds i go, i want something that has had lots of testing, and feedback. I'm not saying they aren't any good, but i'm cautious with stuff like this. Whiteline suspension was in a pretty big issue. Their upper control arms were fracturing with a few complete failures while people were driving and they are a fairly big company, just didn't do enough testing. Their upper arm was also bottoming out and bending on the axle bushing mount. Parts need extensive testing and a lot of long term abuse to see when and what actually makes them fail, so i'm not the one in the wall at 150+ mph because lack of this.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I can't recall ever hearing that name before. With how i use my car, and the speeds i go, i want something that has had lots of testing, and feedback. I'm not saying they aren't any good, but i'm cautious with stuff like this. Whiteline suspension was in a pretty big issue. Their upper control arms were fracturing with a few complete failures while people were driving and they are a fairly big company, just didn't do enough testing. Their upper arm was also bottoming out and bending on the axle bushing mount. Parts need extensive testing and a lot of long term abuse to see when and what actually makes them fail, so i'm not the one in the wall at 150+ mph because lack of this.

Bah, his parts are just copies of known good designs anyway...lol I beat the shit out of my shelby with his stuff on the car. Never had a problem, but I know what you mean.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
BMR actually has Poly arms as well

I know BMR has the normal poly bushings. I think Steeda > BMR in a poly bushing application.

I believe Kelly @ BMR was asked if they had graphite impregnated bushings, like the optional Energy Suspension bushings. I remember him saying he was not sure. I know other companies have poly bushings that are not graphite impregnated. The graphite helps with helping the bushings not to bind. A good example is the upper control arm in our cars. It gets torques to something like 150 ftlbs. to the bracket. My Steeda bushing moves with ease using my hand. Their bushings work well.

I other reason I like the Steeda stuff in a bushing application because of the firmer durometer center bushing. It works better than the "normal" poly bushing others use as it controls fore and aft movements much better. So less distortion on launches, acceleration and braking.

And I have drove your car. It isn't nearly as quiet as my car. Not even close. lol I like the poly bushing on one side and rod end on the other. It is a good compromise for someone who has a car that they don't want to go with rod ends on both sides. It is impossible to build a daily driver as a racer. You make compromises one way or another. Be it in noise, comfort, harshness or effectiveness of the part.

Another place to check out for quality parts would be Team Z (They did the research and testing for the Cobra Jet suspension). I have a used Team Z on a lot of projects. Their prices are in line with others and their racer support is second to none. I have seen Dave Z give help at the track and on the forums. Stuff I never thought he would reveal to people. Much less the open public. Their parts and knowledge are first class all the way. Race Craft is another company that makes great parts. They may be geared towards hard core race parts as I am not sure they have a poly bushing option on their stuff. But they make a lot of cool stuff.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I know BMR has the normal poly bushings. I think Steeda > BMR in a poly bushing application.

I believe Kelly @ BMR was asked if they had graphite impregnated bushings, like the optional Energy Suspension bushings. I remember him saying he was not sure. I know other companies have poly bushings that are not graphite impregnated. The graphite helps with helping the bushings not to bind. A good example is the upper control arm in our cars. It gets torques to something like 150 ftlbs. to the bracket. My Steeda bushing moves with ease using my hand. Their bushings work well.

I other reason I like the Steeda stuff in a bushing application because of the firmer durometer center bushing. It works better than the "normal" poly bushing others use as it controls fore and aft movements much better. So less distortion on launches, acceleration and braking.

And I have drove your car. It isn't nearly as quiet as my car. Not even close. lol I like the poly bushing on one side and rod end on the other. It is a good compromise for someone who has a car that they don't want to go with rod ends on both sides. It is impossible to build a daily driver as a racer. You make compromises one way or another. Be it in noise, comfort, harshness or effectiveness of the part.

Another place to check out for quality parts would be Team Z (They did the research and testing for the Cobra Jet suspension). I have a used Team Z on a lot of projects. Their prices are in line with others and their racer support is second to none. I have seen Dave Z give help at the track and on the forums. Stuff I never thought he would reveal to people. Much less the open public. Their parts and knowledge are first class all the way. Race Craft is another company that makes great parts. They may be geared towards hard core race parts as I am not sure they have a poly bushing option on their stuff. But they make a lot of cool stuff.

I know what your saying about the poly bushings with binding, my bmr's move very free. I think a lot of that comes down to getting the correct width on the sleeve for the bushing. If it's too short, you smash the bushing and cause horrible binding. I do believe Steeda has a very nice bushing setup though, can't go wrong with them. Also, when you drove my car, it still had the stock upper arm and bracket, as well as stock lower arms. The harshness comes from the Steeda springs being very stiff, and the click noise from the strange single ways out back. The ride hasn't changed at all for the worse at least after the arms went on, just got a lot more responsive in handling from the rear.

Thread Info