• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need power adder before next half mile. Which?

Which power adder?

• NOS!!!!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Centri blower

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • TVS blower

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Twins - very expensive

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Drew's cold air tube is 4.5". And he used a good air filter and velocity stack. Very nice set ups. Shaun is who Drew and I used for our tunes. Shaun has them dialed in real well. He worked with Adam @ Rev Auto to dial in the throttle body and driveabiliy, and it is amazing.

I don't think you will see 500 with out cams. Depending on the dyno. The dyno at Dean's Performance seems to read lower than AED's dyno. About 15-20 rwhp different. But yet Drew's car and mine seem to have run better numbers at the track. That is what really counts anyways. Real world performance. I think you will be around 470-480 on the DP dyno. I hope to get mine on the dyno in a week or so to see where my car stands.

Any idears on what it'll take to crack that 500 NA mark? :hsugh:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
orig-21209220.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Any idears on what it'll take to crack that 500 NA mark? :hsugh:

Along with the CJ set up...ported heads or cams should do it. Both you can make 525-540. Maybe more depending on how far you want to go.

These heads can flow up to 340 cfm pretty easy. Getting the cam that can work with that lift is the issue. Machining on the head is needed to accommodate lift over 11mm on the GT head. The stock Boss heads can accommodate 13mm. Not sure how much more lift you can get away with before there is just not enough material you can remove to fit a larger lift. I heard RGR is working on a couple of test projects for some big HP n/a coyote. Should be interesting to see what come about.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You guys almost got me sold on the NA stuff. It sucks keeping a car stock. But I have been holding strong. The only thing I did so far was getting the GT500 mufflers. I really want to ditch them for the magnaflow muffler deletes, but the second I get rid of the cats, its going to be nascar loud. Drew you know what I mean.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
A CJ intake would probably gain another 15-20 rwhp on that JPC car. The larger throttle body and intake opening has shown to make more HP than the Boss intake.

Dont forget E85. But honestly I almost ran out of corn a few times while out in the vette when it was on E85. And the whole time all I would think about was driving the damn thing nice so I could get the best mileage out of it. It was nice, but I didnt notice all that extra gains from the tune anyway. The car was fast out of the box, and didnt mph any better than stock anyway. Not sure why, but I have been a little soured from E85 since.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The HP just keeps coming... and thats with a BOSS intake!

scan0002.jpg

The CJ will look the same with the line just being a little higher. It matches the power curve very well.

Don't forget there are variables that need to be taken into account. A lot of times they don't tell you about lighter rotating parts. Like a lighter clutch, flywheel, spool versus stock trac lok, lighter wheels & tires, lighter brake rotors and so on. Heck corrected drive line angles can have an affect on rwhp. All thise things can add up to more rwhp. And JPC's cars usually have many of those things done to them.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
My whole exhaust setup will be up shortly if you are interested. It consist of lethal O/R X, GT500 mid pipes, and bassani axle backs. Ya, the Magnaflow deletes were beyond loud with the cat deletes lol.

This is how it sounds now, but stock headers. A long tube will clean up the sound even more, and smooth out low rpm cruise sound levels.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCTXICIPkkM

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Dont forget E85. But honestly I almost ran out of corn a few times while out in the vette when it was on E85. And the whole time all I would think about was driving the damn thing nice so I could get the best mileage out of it. It was nice, but I didnt notice all that extra gains from the tune anyway. The car was fast out of the box, and didnt mph any better than stock anyway. Not sure why, but I have been a little soured from E85 since.

The main advantage to E85 is consistency of performance in different weather conditions. You will not have the large swing due to heat and humidity.

Running out of gas when on E85 is my biggest concern. I don't have any gas stations where I am day by day. It sucks, I love E85. But I am not driving 10+ miles out of my way every few days to get gas.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009

I always have two tunes with me, the E85 tune it ran on 99% of the time and a 93 version of the same tune for just in case situations. It's very easy and safe to switch blends when the tank is very low and you are topping off, the mix ratio is almost not noticeable.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
My whole exhaust setup will be up shortly if you are interested. It consist of lethal O/R X, GT500 mid pipes, and bassani axle backs. Ya, the Magnaflow deletes were beyond loud with the cat deletes lol.

This is how it sounds now, but stock headers. A long tube will clean up the sound even more, and smooth out low rpm cruise sound levels.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCTXICIPkkM

Sounds awesome the way it is in that video. And you are a fucking machine on the shifter. You and Pratt both. I love that screaming sound the 5.0 makes with those bassanis'. Fuck guys, you are spending my wife's shoe and bag money here and shes going to be pissed at you/....

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I always have two tunes with me, the E85 tune it ran on 99% of the time and a 93 version of the same tune for just in case situations. It's very easy and safe to switch blends when the tank is very low and you are topping off, the mix ratio is almost not noticeable.

That would be great for me with the SCT tuner, but for the vette I was on HP tuners with no hand held. I inquired about getting the whole setup so I could do that, and it was too much of an investment on a car I was trying to sell. But yeah thats an option too now. That changes things the more I think about it. Fucking Thortons here up north are the only stations that have it. Usually $2.99 a gallon. Plus there is one Shell in Crystal Lake that has it, but its priced like 93 for some reason.

Thread Info