• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

need opinions

00GTPSC

Reaction score
I wanna do some kind of custom paint job on my car but i don't want it to look ricey

heres my car as it sits now

sorry i don't really have a better pic. I would like to do something with the color red, but i dunno what. Still keep the silver but somehow get red into it. I would take off the black pinstripe. But what could i do to make it look creative but not ricey.

Thanks

hueygt

Reaction score
thats makes two of us I'm tryin to learn how to paint really good..my friend paints professionaly but i dont use him i wanna do it myself i wanna go with that color dat the 04 gps have that fire orange color but a little darker.

cpk71

Reaction score
It all depends on how much money you have,the more you got the more kickass paint job u get. When your ready let me know,have access to anything you want.

00GTPSC

Reaction score
Originally posted by cpk71@Aug 26 2004, 02:07 AM
It all depends on how much money you have,the more you got the more kickass paint job u get. When your ready let me know,have access to anything you want.
Can u give me any suggestions though on what i could do? liek i said i want it to be cool but not to ricey

cpk71

Reaction score
You could add pearl to your stock paint,or go with a tri coat- base then pearl then clear or pick a completly different color.You have a good amout of choices out there but it all matters how much $.

MrT

Reaction score
Originally posted by cpk71@Aug 26 2004, 02:13 AM
You could add pearl to your stock paint,or go with a tri coat-  base then pearl then clear or pick a completly different color.You have a good amout of choices out there but it all matters how much  $.
and the skills of the painter........especially if you don't know exactly what you want......you might have to pay alittle bit more, for a pro...who has an eye for color/body lines etc, and can translate your "well i think i want to...." and "kind of a pearl red thing over here....." into a good looking paint job........just my .02 :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom