• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need opinions on what fixture to use for retrofit

What color signal lens?

• Amber (stock)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smoked/Clear

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I am talking with a company about retrofitting a new set of headlights. I guess there are two options out there on what to start with. I can either stick with the amber signal lenses or there is an option for a smoked/clear signal lens. The inside of the housings are going to be painted black and the only chrome will be the actual projector/shroud. Opinions, as far as what lens color would look best with the front of my car, are welcome.

Here are a couple of pics to give you guys some idea what I am talking about. One is of a previous retrofit Lightwerkz did for a Mustang that used the stock amber signal lenses (this is pretty much what the finished product will look like shroud and all, but the only difference would be the amber vs clear signal lenses). The other is what the clear signal lens fixtures look like. The final one is just the front of my car for reference.

lightwerks%20mustang%20retrofit.jpg

smoked%20mustang%20gt%20headlights.jpg

IMG_0919.JPG

Thread Info