Need Nitrogen setup to fill tires

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Anyone know what I need to get to be able to do this?
I assume a bottle/cylinder and some type of regulator?
I'll need a source for both.

Any help will be appreciated.

As a point of information, last Saturday at MSC, we saw the tire pressure change from 11 pounds hot to 8 pounds when cold.
The nitrogen should greatly reduce or eliminate this.

Thanks,

Dan

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I have a Nitrogen/CO2 (70/30) mix tank for dispensing Guinness. It's simple to use, all you need is a tank and a regulator.

I can order each of them for $50 each give or take from my beer supply stores. (5 lb tank). The only difference between a Nitro mix tank and a regular CO2 tank is that Nitrogen is stored at greater pressure, so it needs a special regulator to match the specific connector on the high pressure tank.

It costs me about $10 to refill a 5 lb tank. I think it's not more than like $20 to fill a 20 lb tank though.

Let me know if you want some sources for this stuff.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
dude set me up with all the fittings and stuff. i drink way too much of the stuff to keep buying it by the 8pack anymore. i'll buy my own head and tapper and such, but i have no idea how to set up the slightly different guinness setup. for normal beer its plug & play now.

i dont mind leasing a couple of tanks!

dana catches on to some road racing tricks - dont forget to pull a vaccuum on that tire so its not half air and half N. if you already have bead screws why not some relief valves? they can be preloaded to whatever psi you want and im sure the drag guys already have something for low pressure slicks.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
If you want to lose a couple of hours of your life, check out www.morebeer.com

The keg draft equipment section will have the tank and regulator listed, although I can get the tank cheaper from a couple of local places (Brew & Grow in Chicago, and the local Gas Distributor - both will sell tanks for around $50 for a 5 lb'er.)

ShelbyGuy, if you want to setup a kegerator / a draft beer dispenser kit, I've put together a few of them so far. You supply the refrigerator and I'll hook you up with the equipment to run a keg. Figure about $200-250 in equipment to start out with 1-2 keg capacity. And the keg of the dark stuff tastes so much better off a fresh Nitro tap than those stupid capsules in the cans and bottles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Dana
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list