3800 Need lowering spring info

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
Hey guys since I sold my lowered 98 GS and bought this 2k Regal GSE I miss how the regal looked with the drop springs but I don't remember what brand they were since I bought them used from Emersonheart. These springs were blue in color and Id say that they did about a 2" inch drop in the front and I loved the way my car looked. Now I want them again but don't know where to buy them from or how much they should be....I want about a 1.25 drop to a max of a 2" drop. I will be putting new struts while Im in there...so what do you guys suggest?

Anybody here have pics of their lowered car?

Heres how mine looked with the drop springs and dubs

DSCN1052.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I run Bilstein HD Shocks with Hotchkis Springs.

DSC07149Small.jpg

DSC07148Small.jpg

I dont know if they make this combo for a GTP but I will say I dont recomend Elbachs alot of people say they lower any car too much and make it ride like SHIT on stock shocks. Again, DO NOT PUT LOWING SPRINGS ON YOUR CAR WITH STOCK SHOCKS, it will ride like shit, my friend has Elbach springs on his GTP with stock shocks and the ride in horrible and his car bounces up and down like a ricer constantly. Koni makes good shocks/stuts and KYB is a good budget alternative.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Sprint springs are the devil

do not buy them
ever
period

I'd explain my ordeal with them, but I really don't feel like writing it all out.
Long story short, thouth, they screwed me over BIGTIME on a shitty set of springs.

MT

coilovers are basically an adjustible strut that has a spring with a higher tension rate to help stablize the ride and height. you can adjust it by the spring perch which is similar to a nut. used together, opposed to just struts or springs, they can better your handling and overall ride. without the need for pogo devices and other waste of money items.

anyone correct me if im wrong....

coilovers.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info