• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Need lowering spring info

smknL67

Reaction score
Hey guys since I sold my lowered 98 GS and bought this 2k Regal GSE I miss how the regal looked with the drop springs but I don't remember what brand they were since I bought them used from Emersonheart. These springs were blue in color and Id say that they did about a 2" inch drop in the front and I loved the way my car looked. Now I want them again but don't know where to buy them from or how much they should be....I want about a 1.25 drop to a max of a 2" drop. I will be putting new struts while Im in there...so what do you guys suggest?

Anybody here have pics of their lowered car?

Heres how mine looked with the drop springs and dubs

PANDA

Reaction score
I run Bilstein HD Shocks with Hotchkis Springs.

I dont know if they make this combo for a GTP but I will say I dont recomend Elbachs alot of people say they lower any car too much and make it ride like SHIT on stock shocks. Again, DO NOT PUT LOWING SPRINGS ON YOUR CAR WITH STOCK SHOCKS, it will ride like shit, my friend has Elbach springs on his GTP with stock shocks and the ride in horrible and his car bounces up and down like a ricer constantly. Koni makes good shocks/stuts and KYB is a good budget alternative.

Ricky Gonzalez

Reaction score
My car has stock shocks and it doesnt ride too bad. it feels better than when i had my SLP spring on. i do get alittle pogo but not as much as the SLP's.

smknL67

Reaction score
Ricky i think i had the same springs as you did. mine were blue and they ran pretty good with stock struts....with the 20's though it was kinda rough riding through the streets of the south side of chicago :(

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
just get coilovers, springs ride like shit on stock and KYB struts, pogo mods are needed for sure. that or leave it stock,so you dont scrape the bottom everywhere

[email protected]

Somebody buy this thing
Reaction score
Sprint springs are the devil

do not buy them
ever
period

I'd explain my ordeal with them, but I really don't feel like writing it all out.
Long story short, thouth, they screwed me over BIGTIME on a shitty set of springs.

MT

smknL67

Reaction score
What are coil overs? I'm really just trying to level out the car. Its sagging a bit from the back and I want to lower it a bit...The ride with the lowering springs wasn't too bad...With the stock rims it felt good but with the 20's I could feel the road a lot more...

Sinr247 could you fill me in on this?

Ricky Gonzalez

Reaction score
coilovers are basically an adjustible strut that has a spring with a higher tension rate to help stablize the ride and height. you can adjust it by the spring perch which is similar to a nut. used together, opposed to just struts or springs, they can better your handling and overall ride. without the need for pogo devices and other waste of money items.

anyone correct me if im wrong....

I

imported_GraFFix

GMPP springs with KYB's....I like the ride just get the anti-pogo retainers.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably get the GMPP kit with the adjustable konis or go with a coilover kit.

smknL67

Reaction score
Is there anybody that was happy with their lowering springs? I seem to be getting all the bad feedback on lowering springs...I'm pretty sure someone out there is happy with their springs...I know I was but I hated that ricer jump on my car riding on 294

smknL67

Reaction score
How about the KYB adjustable struts that I see for $289>? would those be able to give a bit of drop safely?

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
After owning the GMPP kit that is the only type I will ever recommend. They just make everything else seem crappy....

John

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom