• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need Input on KB Cobra

boilertwinkie

Aug 27, 2009
I am looking to buy or build a kenne bell cobra used for street use and loger drives than my less than drivable camaro. I have been a gm guy since 16, but can not resist the terminator calling. I want to know what are some must haves when building one of these. Ive seen 600+whp that is streetable and want that but drivability is key. I know I must have the following items, but what else should I get. ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED.:headbang:

-KB blower
-Drag Radials most likely nitttos
-A performance catback with mufflers
-Big brake kit

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
If you are starting from stock you will need the following:
1)Kenne Bell blower or Whipple
2)Clutch
3)Intake
4)Midpipe (x or h)
5)Catback exhaust
6)Idler pulley set DO NOT USE THE STOCK ONES! They can EXPLODE!
7)Fuel pumps or a Kenne Belle Boost-a-Pump
8)MAF upgrade or at least a Diablo MAFia
9)FL Subframe connectors
10)IRS bushings
11)IRS Brace
12)Clutch adjuster
13)Quadrant
14)60lb Injectors
15)Tune

You don't need a "big brake kit" but some upgraded pads and rotors are suggested. The Cobra bake calipers are pretty good as is.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I am looking to buy or build a kenne bell cobra used for street use and loger drives than my less than drivable camaro. I have been a gm guy since 16, but can not resist the terminator calling. I want to know what are some must haves when building one of these. Ive seen 600+whp that is streetable and want that but drivability is key. I know I must have the following items, but what else should I get. ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED.:headbang:

-KB blower
-Big brake kit
Not sure why you're restricting yourself to a KB blower when Whipple also makes a fantastic product and Nittos won't cut it for a 600rwhp, 6-speed Cobra unless your thing is burnout contests. All you really need to make 600 rwhp in these cars is a decently boosted twin-screw blower (with supporting mods...injectors, MAF, BAP) a good tune, and a few bolt-ons: exhaust and cold-air or similar intake.

Of course as soon as you bolt your sticky tires on your new 600 rwhp car you'll find all the others things needing upgrading.....clutch, possibly half-shafts, etc., etc., etc.

There are at least a dozen guys here with a similar setup making ~the same power as me (+/- 25rwhp or so), but here's my simple combo:

- Whipple
- SCT 2400 MAF
- KB BAP
- Bassani Catted Exhaust
- K&N FIPK
- RWTD Tune

April 2007 (19 psi):

RWTD-CobraTune.jpg

April 2008 (20.5 psi):

gnxsdyno%284-27-2008%29.jpg

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

-KB blower
-Big brake kit

No need for big brakes. You can get a kb or whipple blower. 17 psi is plenty for the street. Do yourself a favor and if you wanna real nice street car stay away from coilovers and k member. I made that mistake and regret it. Headers are really not worth it either unless you plan on pushing over 20psi. Keep it simple keep it to the point and you will have a real nice toy. If you want sticky tires mickey thompsons are the way to go. Also with a upgraded blower u need clutch and 26 spline input shaft.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info