• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need help with this engine problem...lol

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
EZ fix:

stuff003.jpg

:drums:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Trust me Ive thought about the LS1.

I have too much broken stuff right now and its bothering the shit out of me.
I have to fix my woman's Escape, then a timing chain on my 59, then fix the Cobra, then start on the Blue.

One at a time. Fix one. Feel a little good. Fix two. Feel more good...

Burt Ragio

Apr 2, 2011
By no means do I have the level of mechanical knowledge you and some other members have so this is just for thought. Does it continue to run good through the entire RPM range after it reaches optimum operating temp ? Is there any sign of cracked piston or piston wall in cylender #6 or #7 ? You did say you had two different readings from same cylender. Check cylender pressure before & after a warm up. If thats not it it may be computor related.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Ok I may be onto something after an extensive and exhaustive search.

While datalogging this morning, I happened to notice something very peculiar.
During normal driving, the pcm is showing its in WOT TP Mode. Interesting!

So, I floored it and it read that it was in P/T Mode (Part Throttle)

I will swap TPS sensors later today and report back.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
I know this sounds silly, but go back to stock on the tune and give that a try. When I had the never ending could find out WTF was going on with the rough idle in my car. I put it back to the stock tune and WOWSER, the problem reared it's ugly head and it was easier to detect the faults as the tune masks them. That's when I could explain the problem better to you because it gave out more symptoms to detect. If I remember correctly, you were the one who told me to do that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info