Need Help/Insight - 3800 stalling/running rough/acting like s00ls (weird)

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Replaced Fuel Filter Yesterday... I coughed up $50 to have Tires Plus in Cherry Valley do it...

It seems to have fixed the intermittent stalling and running rough... It's like nothing was wrong except for the fact that when I am on I90, the SES light flashes... no misfiring... it's weird... I'm going to get with TheAutoGuy to use his garage to pull the plugs and regap them to .060 to see if it is that.

Flashing SES means constant misfire.... and if it was Cyl 1 and 4, don't those share a Coil?... also, for $250, you can replace the plugs, wires, MAf, and ICM. Why spend that at teh stealership?

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Flashing SES means constant misfire.... and if it was Cyl 1 and 4, don't those share a Coil?... also, for $250, you can replace the plugs, wires, MAf, and ICM. Why spend that at teh stealership?

So it's a possibility that I am looking at a bad coilpack too, amirite?

Wires and plugs I should be good on, once I regap... wires checked out too...

If I am going to replace MAF, should I just pop off the money for a N* TB and the necessary related goodies?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
So it's a possibility that I am looking at a bad coilpack too, amirite?

Wires and plugs I should be good on, once I regap... wires checked out too...

If I am going to replace MAF, should I just pop off the money for a N* TB and the necessary related goodies?
Unless you have a ported blower and smaller pulley the N* wont net you much power gain but will give you a slightly quicker throttle response and will need a tune. Clean your MAF with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.
Take some sand paper on the coil pack ends and make sure the ICM is tight before you go swapping them out. Make sure you use some DE grease on the wires.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I just had a similar problem. Car would just start screwing up, and it would stay running but would barely move and if you tried to give it throttle it got worse. Turn off the car, and it would start right up, and run fine like nothing happened. Seemed to happen more when the fuel was below 1/4 tank, so I assumed the pump was giving me trouble.

Ended up being the fuel filter. It fell apart internally, and the metal center that held the pleats would block the outlet limiting fuel supply. It literally rattled when I removed it. Might be worth checking out.

Wasn't even that old of a filter, maybe 6 months on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info