• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need engine built for 03-04 cobra

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
So im putting together a cobra motor,
I have an iron block with forged internals that i need taken apart/inspected to see if it has spun bearings, also debating weather i should stick with the stock pistons or go diamond?
04 cobra heads that i would like to get ported/polished and have some turbo cams installed. I basicly need everything taken apart and put back together with good parts. This motor will be pushed hard by two turbos so i would like it to hold up to at least 1000hp. Any recommendations on which shop to go to would help me out a lot.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
i re-read your post
you want 1000hp on a factory 4.6 cobra block and rods crank ?
you might really want to see what the limits are of all those parts.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ow-much-power-can-03-04-cobra-block-take.html

seems like 800-850 is more reasonable

i want the engine to be able to support 1000hp. it will be a street car so im guessing 7-800hp is more realistic. for now i just want to find a shop that i can take my parts to and have them inspected to see what needs to be replaced and if there is any hidden damage. i dont know much about modulars but i heard the pistons are the weak point of the motor so i still need some opinions on what kind of rods and pistons i should go with. i will be going with a stage2 hp performance twin turbo kit.

What im looking at doing right now,(Opinions please)
Stock Iron block with .020 overbore.
-15cc Diamond pistons
Stock Manley h-beam rods
port/polished heads with stage 3 turbo cams, 5 angle valve job, manley severe duty valves and springs, bronze guides, and hardened seats.
ARP hardware everywhere you can put in the engine internally.
Billet oil pump
7qt deep sump oil pan
Am i missing anything and should i change anything?

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
anyone have experience with PER?
Few guys on CMC had some issues not my place to say what but it was not pleasant. I think there quality of work has come down from there experiences.

I'm having Paul Knippen out of Yorkville build my motor and do some headwork for me right now. His shop goes by Muscle Motors off of 47 just south of rt30. He built Shane97Cobra and 86merc's setups and they both ran great. PM me if you want his info

This!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
You should buy my Brand New Boss Block, New Diamond Pistons and Cobra crank as a really good start.

And btw....1000hp is a massive financial commitment, you will probably learn to hate the car more than love it, and wish you just installed a Whipple and enjoyed it....using the motor thats already in the car.

Just sayin...

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
You should buy my Brand New Boss Block, New Diamond Pistons and Cobra crank as a really good start.

And btw....1000hp is a massive financial commitment, you will probably learn to hate the car more than love it, and wish you just installed a Whipple and enjoyed it....using the motor thats already in the car.

Just sayin...

i dont have a motor in the car now, i have a used shortblock on a stand and 04 c-heads. im still kind of putting this thing together and dont kno what i got myself into.... lol.

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
God sorry to hear that.
Buy my running Terminator engine for 3k, puta whipple on it and drive the snot out of it.

i cried.. anyways i have this block and heads i wanna put together. i thought about your termi engine but i have so many parts i gotta buy to make this thing running again i dunno when thats gonna happen so i figured i would get this thing put together before it starts rusting and maybe sell it or use it if things go well this year with $$.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info