• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need engine built for 03-04 cobra

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
Oh dear why is that?

Dont feel like spending $16xx.00 in just labor. The shortblock i gave them ended up having 2 spun rod bearings which also burned up the rods (dont know why i didnt notice that before i purchased this thing) and a spun main. Looks like i will be calling mmr soon if i cant spend under $3000 to get this shortblock back together.

Is $1600 normal for just labor to regrind a crank, install 8 new rods on the current stock pistons, balance the engine and put the shortblock back together with heads, covers, etc.??

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Dont feel like spending $16xx.00 in just labor. The shortblock i gave them ended up having 2 spun rod bearings which also burned up the rods (dont know why i didnt notice that before i purchased this thing) and a spun main. Looks like i will be calling mmr soon if i cant spend under $3000 to get this shortblock back together.

Is $1600 normal for just labor to regrind a crank, install 8 new rods on the current stock pistons, balance the engine and put the shortblock back together with heads, covers, etc.??

If its just labor thats high.
If the new rods are figured into that price it sounds right.

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
If its just labor thats high.
If the new rods are figured into that price it sounds right.

there not...

I figure $16xx.00 labor + $500 rods + $200 for bearings = $2300.
MMR's stroker 1000se 4.75 liter costs $2799 plus shipping.
I think the mmr stroker makes more sense to me....

Just to be clear, im not bashing AES. I paid the $150 for their time and took the parts back after the quote. I am not upset at all.

imported_VicRattlehead

CMPDragRacing.com
Mar 26, 2004

That's right in line with what our pricing is for the same work.
Off the top of my head we are at $$232 for grinding the crank and $915 to assemble longblock. if you want a second opinion call Randy at PER the shop number is 815-254-2333

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
updating this thread, took all my parts to paul knippen and im having him install this eagle stroker kit part#14424. also having him also install some 97 cobra intake cams. enjoy the pics for now. hopefully will have this thing put together in the next month and on the road before the first snow fall lol.

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info