• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need Diagnostic Help...2008 Grand Prix GXP

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
So we fixed the wires and it didn't seem to fix the problem, but at least his MAP wires are fixed. I finally got to ride in the car while it was having the issue. It is a very odd problem.

The motor doesn't misfire or sputter at all. It is as if the car just has power one second and then nothing. It happens at all acceleration ranges. The amount of time the power is cut ranges from a split second to a couple seconds. When the car finally gets power, it takes off like normal. He can be stomping on the throttle or holding it down and nothing happens until the motor decides to accelerate. Anyone have any ideas? It definitely seems electronic related rather than the engine not running right. It feels like something just cuts the throttle response and power.

I did take his intake off and looked at the throttle body while the car was sitting there. It seems to open and shut fine with appropriate throttle input. So I don't think it is the drive by wire shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info