Need car suggestions ASAP

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for something fun, or practical, new or used? Frumpy and hybrid OK? You can get a brand new Toyota Corolla Hybrid that will get 50-plus MPG no matter what. In ideal weather conditions, I would get 70 mpg on my commute from Naperville to Downtown. It drives great; quiet and smooth, and comes with Apple carplay but not android auto, has proximity key and some other things, but not heated seats. Would probably be at $25k out the door. Wouldn’t have to do a thing to it other than tires and windshield washer fluid.

OP
Great White Drake

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Reaction score
Are you looking for something fun, or practical, new or used? Frumpy and hybrid OK? You can get a brand new Toyota Corolla Hybrid that will get 50-plus MPG no matter what. In ideal weather conditions, I would get 70 mpg on my commute from Naperville to Downtown. It drives great; quiet and smooth, and comes with Apple carplay but not android auto, has proximity key and some other things, but not heated seats. Would probably be at $25k out the door. Wouldn’t have to do a thing to it other than tires and windshield washer fluid.
Practical, reliable mid size. High 20’s or better mpg. 25k limit.

OP
Great White Drake

Great White Drake

Reaction score
Shitty sales experience. Walked out.

got there 5:15, 545 we start to talk numbers. We agree on price, and get the ball rolling. 35 mins we ( wife and kid) sat alone with nobody checking in to tell us what the hell was going on. I get up, find salesman, and have to ask what’s going on. They’re working on getting me the best rate, it’ll take 5 more mins. 15 mins later he comes back to us. I sign some papers, he walks away for another 25 mins. Again, we sat alone nobody telling us what’s going on. Bye.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Find a dealer you like and have them trade a car to get the one you want. Or find one online, work out the details on the phone and don't go there until you have a basic agreement in place. If the car is everything they promised you're already almost done when you walk in the door.

OP
Great White Drake

Great White Drake

Reaction score
Trying to wear you down or they just don't care about your sale.
That was the feeling I got. They didn’t give a shit. We were their only customers there.

Aircal

Reaction score
Some of the newer Buicks are okay to use a quart of oil every 750 miles. Not working well when people only pay attention to the change oil every 5000miles intervals.....

Outlaw

Reaction score
I could get you in a 48,000 mile 2012 ES350 Lexus for $14,800 today, would just have to confirm the car is still around. Private party deal. No tax.

Outlaw

Reaction score
You can get a brand new Toyota Corolla Hybrid that will get 50-plus MPG no matter what. In ideal weather conditions, I would get 70 mpg on my commute from Naperville to Downtown.
70? No shit that’s crazy.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
OP
Great White Drake

Great White Drake

Reaction score
I could get you in a 48,000 mile 2012 ES350 Lexus for $14,800 today, would just have to confirm the car is still around. Private party deal. No tax.
I appreciate it but the es and IS are too small for me.

OP
Great White Drake

Great White Drake

Reaction score
Some of the newer Buicks are okay to use a quart of oil every 750 miles. Not working well when people only pay attention to the change oil every 5000miles intervals.....
Ugh, fuck that then.

OP
Great White Drake

Great White Drake

Reaction score
I think I’m ganna go back and buy the stupid thing today.

On a better note, apparently Kia has a problem with their 2.4 engines and I might be getting a new engine for free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom